CHAPTER 71:

Rebecca

"Hey Bex," Reese called as I made my way down the upstairs hallway.

"What's up Reese's Pieces," I asked and walked over to him.

He was wearing his glasses, a light gray shirt and blue sweatpants, signifying that he was going to stay in and rest today.

Probably still needed it after what happened on his birthday.

"We need to have a do-over party for you," I said suddenly, the topic fresh on my mind.

He smiled widely at me and let out a low chuckle.

"The party was a lot of fun, except for the very end," his voice was low at the last part of his sentence and he scratched the back of his head. "The worst part was the hangover I got the next day. Morgan took me back to our condo before any of the shots were fired," he revealed and I breathed out deeply.

"I'm glad you were able to get out before everything started," I admitted truthfully and in great relief that they were safe when everything went down.

"Dad called Morgan that night about everything and we left Ocean City once I was able to walk on my own and not vomit every five minutes," he continued.

"Ew gross," I cringed, making Reese laugh.

"Do you want to meet him?" He asked suddenly.

"I do," I said softly, timidly.

"Don't be nervous. He's very outgoing," he comforted before he turned to open the door behind him.

He walked in and I stood in the doorway, taking the room and its entirety in.

Immediately to the right of the door was a ladder that climbed to the ceiling. Attached to the ladder was a net bridge that led to a hollow pirate ship located in the top corner of the ceiling.

Next to that was a rock wall that rose from the bottom of the floor to the top and a bell stood motionless, awaiting someone to climb and ring it for validation of reaching the top.

The next corner stood a bed big enough for a small child, and the bed frame was in the shape of a race car.

What surprised me the most were punching bags and foam gear next to the bed.

And finally I was able to focus on Morgan and Luca there, seeming to use the equipment.

Morgan sat on the floor with his legs crossed and his hands were held up with foam pads over them.

Luca was standing in a fighting position and would withdraw his arm back and propel it forward, hitting the foam pads with all his might repeatedly.

When his fist collided with Morgan's hand, it didn't have a lot of power but Morgan was overemphasizing Luca's strength and winced at every hit.

"He's boxing?" I questioned incredulously, remembering all the times we would joke about putting him in the ring when he was in his mother's tummy.

"Trying to. He was always punching and kicking in Mom's belly and he's been doing this ever since. Dad had this room built special for all his energy. And trust me, he's got a lot," Reese chuckled as I was still in awe of the room.

"I can tell."

"Ow, you're too strong for me little man," Morgan whined and started unstrapping the foam gloves.

Luca looked over at Reese and I and his little smile and laughs stopped and he whispered something in Morgan's ear.

"That is your big sister. Her name is Rebecca," Morgan announced as he pointed up at me from the floor.