CHAPTER 29:

Rebecca

"Don't you look tortured?" Reese pointed out as he walked into my room and saw my formal attire.

I'm wearing a skin-fitted, white off the shoulder dress that shows just enough cleavage and just enough leg with the slit from the top of my left thigh to the floor. I paired it with gold strappy heels because my father wouldn't let Lyla pack the black ones I had.

Anna straightened and slicked down my long, brown hair, and I am currently struggling with the clasp of a gold diamond necklace that Anna practically forced me to wear.

"This is stupid. I mean, a black and white ball—seriously?" I whine as Reese throws his white jacket to the bed to help me with the clasp on my necklace. "But of course Dad would send over a white dress instead of black. He knows I can't stand white," I continue.

"At least he didn't ignore your request of getting a clip-on tie when he knows you can't tie a real tie," Reese laughs as he fidgets with his black tie.

I turn around and flip his white collar before starting to tie it for him.

"Maybe he knew that I would end up tieing it for you," I laugh as he rubs his eyes. "No glasses tonight?" I ask when I realize he is fidgeting because of his contacts.

"Part of Dad's orders. I have to be on guard at all times, and if my glasses fall off or break, then I'm screwed," he elaborates as I finish with his black tie and fold his collar over it.

He takes his jacket from the bed and slips it over his white button up.

"Do I look snazzy?" He asks as he makes a smoldering face.

"Pff. You look constipated. Never make that face again," I laugh.

"Is it safe to enter without being shot or hit?" Morgan humors as he hesitantly stands in the open door frame.

Morgan has actually been keeping me good company. Though he knows that I won't sedate him again, he and I still joke about it for fun.

"For now you're safe—just don't give me an inquisition or sedate me," I joke as Morgan throws his hands up in defense.

"I didn't sedate you, but I guess you could call us even," he laughs as he adjusts his black suit and pulls his dreadlocks into a neat ponytail at the nape of his neck. "I have to say I almost didn't recognize you without any black. You look like an angel and not the devil we know you to be," he jokes as he plops down onto my bed.

"You both might have to start calling me Rebecca from now on," I roll my eyes as I fix Reese's shaggy hair.

"Well, Rebecca," Morgan starts as I roll my eyes again. "Are you ready to leave?" He holds out his left arm for me, but I walk past him instead.

"Ouch," Reese comments as he follows me. "Promise me one thing Bex," Reese whispers to me as he catches up to my pace.

"Sure," I say as I start to slowly walk down the stairs, careful not to fall from the high heels.

"If that son-of-a-bitch tries anything on you tonight, kick him in the balls twice. One from you and one from me."

I laugh at his comment and roll my eyes at the same time.

"Always over dramatic Reese. But I do promise," I smile at Reese as we reach the bottom of the staircase.

My eyes meet Kilian's enchanting silver ones before anyone else's, and they always seem to take my breath away.

Killian is wearing an all black suit with a black tie, his hair is styled off of his forehead, and he tamed his beard so that it was short and outlined his jaw.

My eyes drifted to the boy behind him who looked nearly identical to Killian, just younger and with a white jacket and black slacks on instead of all black.

His eyes were actually the exact opposite of Killians. His were brown with hints of gold while Killian's were silver and cloudy.

The two boys stood in the entryway, speechless, staring in awe as they saw me.

Killian bowed and then the boy next to him smirked before following with a bow as I walked over to them, Reese and Morgan just behind me.

"Princess," Killian greets too happily. "You clean up well," he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Wish I could say the same to you," I hissed.

"Easy now," Reese whispers in my ear. "You have all evening to torture Killian."

I choke out a laugh and then turn to Killian with a narrowed smile.

"I'm just gonna go wait in the car," Morgan announces in a monotonous voice as he ducks out of the house.

"Smart guy, I think I'll do the same," the boy beside Killian begins to follow Morgan, but Killian tugs him back by the collar. "Are we really to do this now, Killian?" His tone annoyed as he rolled his eyes while Killian raised his eyebrows at him. "Fine," the boy gives in as he turns to me. "Damian Black—the Black brother that everyone prefers," he greets with a smirk as he takes my hand to leave a sloppy kiss there.

"Though I despise Killian," I start as I pull my hand away from him, "I don't like sloppy boys."

Damian laughs at my comment and shows his pearly white teeth with a wide smile that causes the edges of his eyes to wrinkle.

"I'll see you in the car then," he says as he turns to leave and Killian allows him this time.

"He likes you," Killian smirks.

"I met him for thirty seconds and you call that liking me? I thought you were a tough nut to crack, but at least I can get a few sentences out of you."

"Trust me, Princess," Killian says as he holds out his arm for me. "Soon enough you two will be besties," he finishes as I grunt.

"Yay, besties with your brother," I groan and take Killian's arm.

Killian leads me outside to the limo waiting for us, Reese trailing behind us silently.

"Put that down D," Killian orders as he sees Damian taking a beer can from the small refrigerator in the limo.

"Put that down D," Damian mocks and pops the can open to take a sip. "I'm legal here dipshit. And it's not like I care about the legalities of drinking anyways," he grunts as Killian growls and sits beside him, leaving me to sit across from the two brothers.

I study Damian a bit more and can see that he has small freckles lined across his cheeks and his nose bridge. He has a small scar below his right brow and one running along the left side of his neck.

"Would you stop staring at me? You're burning a hole in my eyes," Damian suddenly snaps as he rubs his eyes. "Seriously Killian, you really can't marry anyone else? I don't want my sister-in-law to kill me too," he adds.

"You act as though I chose to marry her," Killian laughs as though Damian's rude comment was hilarious.

"Right. I forgot you're being forced. Remind me to keep staying far away from Dimitri so I don't get an unwanted bride," he rolled his eyes as he slouched in the seat.

"It's funny that you think you could actually get a wife Sloppy," I mocked.

"Again, seriously Killian? And Sloppy? What is that...my new nickname?" He sounds annoyed.

"She gives them to me too Damian," Killian laughs as he smiles at Damian becoming annoyed.