ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

♪ Surprised when you caught me off guard
All this damn jewelry I bought
You was my shorty, I thought ♪

Mia Bakker POV

The moment I left the house and saw Max I instantly felt grateful for deciding to leave my daughter home, until he left she must stay inside the house so he can't see her. When I came back I gave her breakfast and then I went to the hospital where I met Jos there and he looked angry but I don't really care.

"Let's get this done with. I hope I'm not a match, you deserve this. You could have it all and have that child when the right time came, you left it all for a kid"

"If you aren't a match I'm gonna talk to the whole family, I am not gonna stop now. Pray that you are a match" I say and he looks pissed, David appears and takes him for the tests and exams.

"Even if he is a match I don't think he will be able to donate, he doesn't have the best health" David says and I nod.

"I will hope for the best, can you call me when you have the results?" I ask and he nods.

"You can go, in a few hours I will tell you"

I start leaving the hospital and I hear footsteps behind me, I look and there was Jos.

"Do you think he will believe if you say she's his daughter?"

"Paternity is very easy to prove, also she's the spitting face of him, you can see it. You're not dumb, I know you want him to be a champion, he could've been a champion and had a family, I wish you wouldn't have turned into a psychopath, I adored you Jos" I say and he looks at the ground.

"I have to make sure nothing distracts him, he is a winner, he wouldn't focus with a newborn at 18" He says and I laugh.

"You are underestimating him, he is really focused when he wants, doesn't matter what is happening outside the track, I would've been there, she would be there, we could be his will to win. You fucked it all up, I still can't believe you were capable of pointing a gun at my head. I really do believe all the charges against you. It's your way or the highway."

"I had to do what I had to do. I don't regret it. What's her name?" He asks and I look confused at him, why would he want to know?

"Emilia Marie Bakker" I say and he nods.

"You used his middle name and Sophie's middle name? I wasn't expecting that" He says and I just keep walking.

"I had to put something of his family on her, I couldn't give her his last name, I love Emilia and Sophie was like a second mother to me. I only hate you, it's not anybody else's fault." I finally get to my car and get in and leave before he says anything else.

I got to my parents' house and I see a kid on the street, I think it was one of Jos kids. I got out of the car and went to him.

"What are you doing here baby?" I ask and he looked like he was 2 years old, give or take.

"I don't know" He says confused and I pick him up. I go to the Verstappen's door and knock and Max appears and I feel my heart racing.

"He was outside the whole time?" He asks confused and takes him from my arms.

"I guess, he was going down the street" I say and turn back to walk to my house.

"How are you doing?" I hear him ask and stop in my tracks.

"Fine and you?" I ask turning back and he smiles.

"I'm good. Nice to see you again"

"Yeah, long time no see" I say and he nods, this is so awkward.

"David is a good man, you should go ahead" He says and I just bug, David? Why is he saying that?

"I'm not gonna date David and if I would I don't think I would need your permission or acceptance" I say and he laughs.

"Of course, sorry miss independence, you will never need anything from me" He says ironically.

"Do you need my blessing to be with your girlfriend? I can give it to you if it makes you feel better, maybe this will be the one" I say and he looks angry, I should've just gone home.

"You know I'm with somebody?" He asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"It's been 6 years and you are a Formula 1 driver, of course, you are with someone Max. I'm not dumb, options are what you have to spare."

"That sounded a bit bitter" He says and that set me off. Me? Bitter? I left him!

"Yeah, that's not how it works Max. I'm not bitter, keep moving on, I did the same" I say and start to leave again.

"Of course you did baby" He says and I pretend not to hear, he closes his door while I get in the house, and Em comes running straight to me.

"Mommy, oma gave me this really good milkshake, come to have some" She says and I follow her to the kitchen where my mother arrives.

"Did you use only fruit and low-fat milk? The more healthy she eats the longer she has" I say and she nods.

"I did darling. She liked it, do you want some?" She asks but I deny it.

"I'm not hungry, I will go be with her until David calls, he said it would only be a few hours"

"I will call you when lunch is done" She says and I leave to the living room where Em was sitting while watching tv.

We stayed there and had lunch and I hear a knock on the door on the middle of the afternoon, my mom went to open it and David appears in the living room. I know this is bad news, fuck.