ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37

♪ I'm not gettin' in the Addison Lee
Unless you pack your bags
You're comin' with me ♪

Mia Bakker POV

I exited the car in the parking lot and I felt a sharp and cold object on my throat. My breathing stopped for a few moments but I somehow knew this would happen someday. We could ignore it and pretend he was a problem that had been fixed but he wasn't.

"Get in the car Mia or I will slit your throat in this parking lot. Don't make your daughter see her dead mommy on the news" He says and I nod as I entered my car.

"Why are you here Jos? Just, please, forget all this. Max is the champion, he won. This should be over" I say as he was sitting on the seat behind me.

"You took my son away from me. I trained him, I made him the man he is and I turned him into the champion he has become. You don't get the credit for that, you are just a teenage mom who couldn't keep her legs closed" He says and I gulp nervously. He is so fucking bitter, and pathetic.

"Why are you dealing this? You are going to get rid of me anyways" I say and I see his smug smile.

"Drive to the casino, let's have a talk away from here. Max knows you are here" He says and I nod. I turn on the engine and drive off.

He put the knife in the pocket of his jacket and we went to the back of the casino, we sat on a bench and not many people were passing through. Nothing was said for hours, he was just contemplating life, if I talked his demeanor was aggressive so I just sat there. Max called once and I tried to keep him calm, and then called the second time and I tried to give him some clue but I don't know if he can find me here.

"I- Max always loved you. He was so stuck on you, that's why I knew for sure he would be a failure. A man can't have it all and he wanted it all. He wanted success, a championship, love, and a family. He couldn't have it, I tried to toughen him up and all you did was soften him. You ruined him. But then, he won. He won this year and I wasn't there for it. All that I invested and all my hard work was just gone, you took it all and he got it all" He finally says half an hour after the phone call.

"Some people can have it all Jos. But you didn't make him who he is, he is better than you in everything. He is a better driver, a better father, and a better partner. He is a man, you are just a pathetic excuse of a human. I hated you for all that you did to him but I also admired you because you were his dad, you never once treated me bad. I wish you did. I would've been prepared for what you did 7 years ago but I wasn't. You need to leave me and Max alone" I say and he looked at the floor.

"Why did you come back? I thought I had gotten rid of you and then you come back as soon as he is hitting the peak of his career. I adored you because you made him happy but every time I punished him you were there to pick him up and cheer him up. He needed it to become a man. I know Max is not like me, I know he won the championship but you should've kept far away. You are just collateral damage. This will toughen him up for all these years. He will become unbeatable once you die" He says picking up the knife.

"You can't do it. He will know it was you. He won't keep competing, he will need to raise Emilia on his own, that is his priority. You can't kill me and you know it" I say and he seems nervous while holding the knife.

"I- He should feel love but it can't be you. I would prefer Kelly or Dilara. But he will never leave you, he needs to be a man, he needs to love different women and he needs newer models when the years go by. He wouldn't trade for any model, he is stuck on you. I need to end his love for you once and for all. You made my son hate me, I can't celebrate his achievements anymore. You are the problem. If I kill you I will make it seem like a random theft and I will comfort him. I will take of the bastard child for you" He says and I am dumbfounded by how psychotic and out of reality he is.

"Put the knife down" I hear Max's voice and I look back, my body automatically relieves when I see him.

"Max? You little bitch" Jos says clearly angry and surprised.

"You are getting crazier. I called the cops. You need to put the knife down and step away from her. I won't feel guilty for defending my wife" He says getting closer and grabbing my hand. I get up and he puts his body in front of mine.

"You need to let her go. She is no good son" Jos says clearly heartbroken by the fact his own son would basically kill him if it came to it.

"You need to be locked up for good. I am not your son, I don't ever want to see you again. I am a father and I am so much proud of the fact that I'm nothing like you, I don't even know how you can treat a child like you treated me. I am not a failure. I didn't succeed because of you. I succeed despite of you. I want you gone, I won't say it again" Max says and Jos nodded and got up.

"You could be so much better than this. I didn't raise you like this" He says as the cops get to where we were and they arrest his dad.

"I'm so sorry this happened" Max says hugging me.

"I love you" I say kissing him and I see his smile as we stepped away to breath. I love this man.