ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

♫ Now I'm paralyzed
Still stuck in that time, when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise ♫

Max Verstappen POV

I was in my room for like an hour when I hear Em's voice. I quickly take my headphone off and get up. She looked confused and I pick her up.

"What is happening honey?"

"There's a woman screaming at mommy" She says pouting and I sit her on my bed.

"Stay here, I'm going to take care of it. Watch tv and get out when dad or mom tells you to. Okay baby?" I ask and she nods.

"Okay dad" She says with a smile and turns the tv on.

I go to the entrance hall and I see Mia and Kelly talking and one phrase was enough.

"You are a poor excuse of a person" I hear Kelly say as I get closer.

"Do you need something?" I ask and they both look at me surprised but I could tell Mia felt relief when she saw me.

"I wanted us to talk. I feel really bad for the way it ended. I wanted a second chance, I know we can be better together" Kelly says and I see Mia was quite uncomfortable which was understandable so she leaves.

"I don't give second chances. You do it right on the first or you won't get a second" I say crossing my arms pretty uninterested in this conversation. We were together from December to March, it wasn't that big of a deal.

"You would give her a second chance if she asked for it"

"I would. No doubt about that" I say with a pretty indifferent tone. It's a pretty obvious truth.

"What is the difference? She left you! I didn't! I tried my best to keep you close. I deserve it more than her" Kelly says pretty desperate by this point.

"I love her. I loved her for too many years. I would give her all the chances she asks me to. I'm sorry, it's the truth. I can't explain it to you. But I can't compare both of you. She has been here for me since I can remember" I say and she seems insulted.

"You really are blind for her. She could fuck your life up and you would take her back. She kept your daughter hidden, if it's really yours" She says and I take a deep breath.

"Don't talk about my daughter. That's my business. We are over Kelly. Go be with your daughter and I will be with mine. Move on" I say and her tears keep falling down.

"She doesn't love you Max. She only loves herself. She will never set you free, she likes to have you under her control" She says but I gently grab her arm and walk her to the hallway of the building.

"Move on Kelly" I say before closing the door on her face. I look into every room and couldn't find her. "Did you see Mom?" I ask Em who was still on my room.

"She goes outside to think sometimes" She says pretty cluelessly.

"Thank you baby, you can come out of the room now. The lady is gone" I say and she happily follows me and stays in the living room. I go into the balcony and there she was.

"If I knew it was her I would've called you" She says as soon as I close the glass door.

"I know. She is just mad, she didn't mean it. She is jealous and thinks I left her for you but it was meant to happen soon" I say and she takes some deep breaths.

"Why was it meant to happen?" She asks and I was by her side looking at the view leaning on the balcony like her.

"Honestly?" I ask and we both look at each other.

"If you want to talk about it" She says and I nod.

"I- Someone called Victoria and told her you came back to Maaseik and I went there to make sure it was true. I never wanted to believe you left of your own free will. But since I saw you, I got all messed up. So I knew me and Kelly weren't gonna last. I was still pretty stuck on you so I couldn't keep wasting her time" I say and she looks pretty surprised.

"What about Dilara?" She asks and I'm pretty surprised she knew about Dilara.

"Same story. She knew how it ended and she realized I wasn't going to get over it even after 3 years together. It wasn't the same thing" I say and she nods.

"Well, now you got closure finally" She says and I smile.

"I did and thank you for that. Ignore her please, she is just bitter. She will come to her senses someday"

"Maybe I should try to find a job here. To save some money so I can move out when it's needed" She says and I'm caught by surprise.

"What? No. If you need to move out I will take care of it. Just stay home and take care of Em. You don't need any of that. You already had 5 years of working, get your needed rest. I'm here to support the two of you" I say and she suddenly hugs me.

"Thank you" She says and I nod while she leaves.

I went inside and saw that she went back to cleaning the house so I went back to the simulator. After lunch, I did some exercises and went a bit on the simulator. But when it was 6 pm I got up and told them to get dressed so we could take a walk on the beach. They seemed pretty happy and we quickly left the house.