ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

♫ You can't expect me to be fine
I don't expect you to care ♫

Mia Bakker POV

After breakfast I went into the room and saw the DVDs I had basically full of hours of videos of Emilia, I had made sure to delete the ones who had nothing to see. I took my camera when I left, a pretty good one in fact, and my laptop. I always left the camera rolling and while she slept I saw the videos and saw what I could delete. There were days when I had nothing.

They were all in order and it started with short videos from the ultrasounds where her heartbeat could be clearly heard. I put it on and they all had smiles on their faces. I was watching Em draw in her book and making sure Luka slept because I saw it all. They were the ones who needed to see it.

"She was so small" I hear Max say when the video of her after being born came up.

"Oh look how cute she was, Luka is way worse" Victoria says making me laugh.

"I wasn't gonna put videos of her screaming in the middle of the night. This is supposed to be cute. It has one or two videos of her falling but it's mainly cute baby stuff" I say and Max laughs.

"I mean I know it must be tiring but I will help with the next one" Max says and we all get quiet. I turn around with my eyes wide open in shock.

"Max! Have you heard what you just said?" I ask completely surprised and he just looks at all of us, stopping at me.

"I did. What about it?" He says nonchalantly and I was appalled. Is he for real?

"You just talked about a second child, are you delusional?" I say and he shrugs.

"Why am I delusional? You are the delusional one because we always said we wanted two kids" He says and I laugh, like a shocked laugh.

"We did but we aren't together, we aren't a couple. Why are you mentioning a second baby?" I ask and he lets out a laugh.

"We aren't together, as a couple, yet. We are gonna be together and we are going to have our second child like we always wanted. When you are ready for it of course" He says and I just stood there, without knowing what to say.

"It seems like somebody made up their mind on what they want" Tom says and Victoria hits him with her elbow making him get quiet.

"Are you gonna have a baby then?" Em asks sounding confused.

"No! Not right now. You are gonna be the only baby for a while" I say and she shrugs going back to her drawing.

"See? She accepts it. You should accept our fate too. We are meant to be together and we have all of our plans already made. It couldn't be easier" He says like it was no big deal and starts playing the videos right where he stopped.

They were watching them until lunch arrived. I ordered food and I took care of the table before calling them to come.

"She was the sweetest angel. I lost it when she said mama and when she started walking" Sophie says and I smile at her.

"She was the cutest. I never gave up because she made it worth it" I say and she gives me a quick hug.

"He will never, ever threaten you again. If he does come to me. I will protect you two and Max will take care of him. We love you, and I hope we can all meet for Christmas and New Year. Ask your parents to come to watch the race in Abu Dhabi. We can all go back to the Netherlands and enjoy time as a family there" She says and I nod smiling. I missed this so much.

"They will come to watch him. They are calling every day and checking in, don't worry about it" I say and heard Max and Victoria still fighting.

"You are not alone, we would never leave you alone if we knew. We are family" She says and they finally came to the dining room

"Is everything alright?" Max whispers when he gets to my side and softly puts his hand on my waist, I give him a smile while nodding.

"Everything is fine" I say and he smiles while pushing my chair so I would sit down. He sits Em and then does the same.

"Your recovery seems to go pretty well. I think you will be just fine for the championship in two weeks" She says and Max smiles.

"She is taking good care of us, I told you there was no need to come. Look at how healthy and great she looks, even if I couldn't come back to the championship it would be worth it" He says looking at Em who smiled at him.

"You are the best dad" She says hugging him and we laugh.

"She is daddy's girl" Tom says and I nod.

"I told him that, but he doesn't want to hear it" I say pretty offended by the fact I raised her for almost 6 years alone and now she's a daddy's girl.

"Just wait until he has to be the bad guy. She will go back to mommy really quick" Sophie says and I laugh.

"Exactly! When boys start coming in and all that he will go crazy and she will come right back to me" I say and Max just shakes his head.

"She is not gonna have boys in her life" He says almost insulted by the mention of our daughter dating.

"She is gonna go to school and grow up. She will want to date, we dated while we were teenagers" I say and he kept shaking his head while I talked.

"No, she will be homeschooled. No social media and all that shit. She is fine here" He says and starts eating.

"Well this is a touchy subject" I say and they laugh.

"Max is the jealous type" Victoria says shrugging and we all start eating.

He is gonna have a few difficult years ahead when she grows up...

--------------------

Hey! I wanted to start by thanking everyone for the support and everything!

So I have some more stories in my drafts and I wanted to know which ones you would like to read so I will give you a few choices:

- Moving On with Carlos Sainz

- Not The Only One with Lando Norris

- All For Love with Pierre Gasly

- I Got U with Daniel Ricciardo

- Rules with Toto Wolff (this is a risky one and I know it, don't judge me 😂🙏🏻)

- Married By Mistake with Lewis Hamilton.

Let me know which ones you would like to read. For any other driver or request, you can message me. I'm friendly, I promise.

Love you all and keep some attention to my profile for these new stories.

Have a good day/night ❤.