ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29

♬ I'll break my heart again
I'll tell him it's the end
If you change your mind and take me back ♬

Mia Bakker POV

The practice was going fine but Max only got third. When it finally ended Max came to us and Sergio was by his side while they talked about how the surgery went. Max was almost close when that bitch appeared again. I can't even see her in my front without wanting to punch her. Fuck off, Megan.

"Max! You are looking great as always" She says and I see Sergio's face of surprise, he dodges her and looks at me to which I shrug without being able to do much.

"Thanks Megan. Wasn't I clear the last time we talked?" He says also dodging her and going to my side and I give her a fake smile.

"Oh, Mia. I didn't even see you" She says clearly disappointed.

"I'm everywhere, you should know it already. Is your stalking that weak?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Do you think I can interview you this weekend?" She asks ignoring me and I was getting madder.

"Talk to Red Bull, they will make that decision" He says and I feel his arm on my waist, he pulls me closer and her eyes were watching.

"Do you want something new to announce? I and Max are together again, so I will kindly suggest you back the fuck off for good. Next time I will report you for harassment and unprofessionalism" I say and she takes two steps back.

"I didn't know. You can't blame me for trying. You were able to tie him down with a kid" She says and I take a step forward which Max doesn't stop, he knows what she said was wrong.

"Consider yourself lucky if you still have a job tomorrow" I threaten and quickly leave her side and Max follows me holding Em's hand.

"I will talk to her boss. I'm sorry" Max says and I nod.

"It's not your fault. This is your job. I'm just not used to this shit. Nobody pursued you this much in the past" I say and I stop when I feel his hand on mine.

"You are the one I love, you always were Mia. Let them pursue, I will always pursue you" He says looking me in the eyes and I knew it was sincere.

"I love you too. Thank you for that" I say hugging him and he hugs me back.

"Don't let whatever people. I know why I'm in this for and I know why you are in this for. This is all for love. Nothing more and nothing less. We always did it for love" He says and I nod.

"I don't want your money, I will sign whatever you need me to but I don't want any of it" I say and he shakes his head.

"Never in my fucking life would I make you sign anything other than a wedding certificate. No prenuptial and none of that shit. You are mine and I'm yours. What's mine it's yours. Fuck people who think money is everything" He says and I nod with a smile, this is why I like him.

"Let's eat something, she ate but she must be hungry again" I say and he nods. We go into the hospitality and he orders our food.

We ate while Em was all excited about anything that came to her mind, an hour went by and we start walking through the paddock so we could go to the garage.

"I just wanted to make it clear that I respect you, I always did and I won't get any woman get in the middle of us. If you feel uncomfortable with any interaction or conversation I may have with a woman, you can let me know. I'm not the best at noticing when they are hitting on me" He says and I let out a laugh.

"I will let you know, don't worry about it. You just have to say and do what you would find acceptable of me with other guys. If you wouldn't like me talking to a man who demeanors you and basically stalks then I won't like a random woman doing the same" I say and he nods putting his hand on mine.

"Megan was way out of line, but we weren't together and I like seeing you jealous in some type of way. Now, I will take care of it. I will talk to her boss and if she isn't professional and respectful she can go. They can send any other person to fill her place, I don't care" He says and I couldn't agree more.

"You are doing well then. And don't ever do things on purpose to see me jealous, that can backfire" I say and we both laugh.

"I know, I know how you get. We are getting too old for those games, I just- I liked to see you still cared enough about me to feel it" He says and I give him a quick kiss.

"I still love you Max. I always did and I will probably always will" I say seeing his smile get wider.

"Let's go to the hotel and show how much we love each other" He says getting closer and putting his hand on my waist.

"Daddy. You can't do that in public" She says in the moment Max went to kiss me. She was kind of right, he wanted something he couldn't get in public and it was more than a kiss.

"Of course I can, I can kiss your mother in public. Don't you want a baby? We need to kiss for that to happen" He says picking her up while she laughed.

"Then you can kiss mommy" She says while we started to walk through the paddock and Max still made her laugh.

"I'm glad to have your permission princess but I don't need it. I only need your mother's permission" He says as he put her down and I laugh.

"Don't be rude" I say and he shrugs.

"She is my daughter, she won't boss me around. I got a lot of people trying to do that already" He says while we kept walking, he stopped for a few pics and we got to the garage so he could prepare for the next practice.