ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46

♫ I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you ♫

Mia Bakker POV

Since I woke up that I am confused, but I'm happy to be alive. The pain of being sat down was big but if my baby is alive it's completely worth it. I was talking to them until I saw Em entering the room and running to my bed, Max picked her up and sat her on the edge.

"Mom, are you okay?" She asks with tears in her eyes.

"I am baby. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask giving her a smile.

"Dad said you were resting and we couldn't talk because you were sleeping but nobody sleeps this long mom" She says and I let out a laugh.

"Dad didn't want to stress me. What matters is that I'm here now and I'm just fine" She smiles and it was all worth it at that moment. I watched as everyone seemed relieved, they had bags under their eyes, my mom had lost weight, and so did my dad and probably Max.

We spent a few hours making some jokes and having some fun until my parents and Tom left with the kids to go back to the hotel. I'm glad my parents get some rest.

"I'm going to stay here while he is here. You will go to the races. I don't care. I will stay the 3 months here, you will come when the summer break starts" I say and he nods knowing it was useless arguing.

"I'm glad everything is okay. How are you feeling?" Victoria asks and I give her a small smile.

"I'm fine, the incision hurts but I'm glad it all went for the better. I just want our baby boy to be healthy and not have any complications. I don't know how it all went downhill, I swear I took care, I did everything I could" I say a bit defensive because I don't know what I did that made all of this happen. I almost died and I don't know why.

"I will come here every time I can, you won't be alone. Nobody is blaming you, maybe it was the stress, it is very likely it was something we could've done nothing " Max says putting his hand on mine.

"I know this is nobody's fault. But I can't believe this happened. I can't believe I did this to you and Emilia. This is crazy"

"Baby, you have done nothing wrong, I'm just glad you are awake, more than glad actually" He says and I could see the fear in his eyes.

His mom and Victoria stayed for a little bit before leaving. I made some space in the bed and he sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I never thought this could happen" I say hugging him and he hugs me back.

"I thought I was going to lose you, your parents almost gave up, and I had to beg them to wait at least a week. I was so fucking lost, I was scared I was going to be left all alone with Em and our little guy. I- I don't want to live without you" He says and my heart breaks hearing the pain in his voice as it cracked.

"I don't you to marry me just because I almost died" I say running my hand through his hair and I feel his body relaxing, all the tension seemed to evaporate from his body.

"Baby, I would marry you right now if I had to. I just wanted to make it special, last year I won the championship and I got to know you were pregnant. This year I wanted to take the next step. I was ready for it 7 years ago and I was ready since I first saw you again. You are the one for me. I will marry you as long as you want to marry me too" He says looking me in the eyes and I smile. I love this man so much.

"You would marry me in this hospital if I said yes?" I ask teasing him and he just nods with the most sincere look he could give.

"Of course I would, do you want me to make it happen?" As soon as he asks that I laugh.

"No baby. I want to recover, I want our son to recover and then I want us all to see you win the championship. We can marry next year. I will let you do it your way"

"I love you so much. I felt so powerless when I couldn't make a choice to save you. I just wanted you to live so badly. I felt like I couldn't even properly breath while I sat here waiting for you to wake up. These were the most excruciating days of my life" He says and I make him a sign to lay by my side.

"What name will we give him? We weren't set on a name yet" I ask completely lost, my brain couldn't function enough to think of a name for him, I couldn't even get up and see him for now.

"I thought about a few. My favorite was Kilian, it means fighter" He says and I stop to think about it.

"Kilian Verstappen. I like it. Let's go with that" I say excitedly.

"Do you know what would sound ever better?" He asks and I shake my head. "Mia Verstappen, that is the one I want to hear the most"

"I love you" I say kissing him and then I lay my head on his chest, hearing his heart beating faster and little by little it calmed down. I eventually fell asleep, relieved to have him by my side. What would I do without him?

Luckily the family is now complete. Me, Max, Emilia and Kilian. I like that. I really do.