ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36

♪ You say I'm always leavin'
You, when you're sleepin' alone ♪

Max Verstappen POV

2022 started and I was living my best life. I was working out so I could start this season in the right way. In February, during the testing in Spain, I will announce Mia's pregnancy to the team and let it be clear that I will be there when she is giving birth so somebody will have to be ready to cover for me as soon as it's known my baby is coming into this world.

Until the season starts I will be spending my time with Mia and Em, and it's so good to have a family. I will take Mia's side any day against my own dad, I know the shit he is now.

"Max, I have to run a few errands, can you take care of Em? She is sleeping, I don't want to wake her up" She asks entering my room and I nod.

"Do you want me to do them? Is it anything heavy?" I ask putting down the remote and going in her direction.

"I can do it baby. It's just some grocery shopping and maybe some clothes. Stay there but keep the volume down in case she waked up, she will probably sleep for an hour or two" She says kissing me.

"Love you, be careful" I say giving her a quick hug and another kiss.

"I will be fine, I will be back in an hour" She says and leaves.

I stay in the living room and I think I lost track of time, Em comes in and plays a bit with me but 2 hours have gone by and there was no sign of Mia. I call her and on the third time she picked up.

"I'm sorry, I'm running late. Give me an hour or two" She says as soon as she answers and I find it strange.

"Mia, is everything alright? You told me one hour, it's been 2 and now you need more time? Did something happen?" I ask doubting everything.

"I'm sorry. I got lost in the clothing stores, I shouldn't have come alone. Just give me an hour, I will be home by then. I promise" She says and I let out a laugh, that made more sense.

"Buy whatever you want, just don't have me worrying. Love you, see you in an hour. Have fun baby" I say with a smile because she deserves this time for her, I just got too worried.

"Love you, see you in a bit" She says and hangs up.

I keep playing with Em but I felt something was wrong and I knew it as soon as time continues to go by and Mia didn't come back. It has been two hours, she isn't answering. I walked in circles in my living room because I didn't know what to do. I texted her like 10 times and called her like 20, what is happening? Maybe my dad is involved. I tried calling him and he didn't answer too. I should've been more careful.

I was almost entering a desperate state and I was thinking of calling the cops when my phone starts ringing and it was her.

"Where the fuck are you Mia?" I ask exasperated and I hear her take a deep breath.

"I- uhm. I'm at the bar downtown drinking, close to that restaurant where we met Megan, the annoying woman" She says and I stop in my tracks.

"You are what? Are you fucking crazy?" I ask completely outraged.

"Yeah, I just wanted to get some air. I will be home soon. I- Put Em in bed and eat dinner, I will be there in a bit" She says and I punch the couch even though I would punch the wall if Em wasn't in the room next door.

"No. Come home now or I will go looking for you Mia. You need to come home or I will call the cops. Tell me where the fuck you are" I say irritated and picking the car keys.

"I told you, I'm at the bar close to where the casino is" She says and I completely freeze, she is sending me a message, the casino and the restaurant are in complete opposites locations of the city.

"Mia. I will come to get you. Tell me, is it the restaurant or the casino?" I ask and she stays quiet.

"Just give me two hours, one hour isn't enough for me to clear my head" She says and hangs up She is at the casino.

I called Lando, he lives close to me and I was desperate. He agreed on the spot and came the fastest he could.

"Call me when you find her" He says and I nod.

"I can't thank you enough for this. She will probably fall asleep in a bit, she is eating dinner. Play as much as you want. Give me an hour or two" I say and he nods. I ran out to the garage and drove to the casino.

I was completely panicking. What if I'm wrong? What if I don't get there in time? I walked from the parking lot to the casino and I saw the car there, she is definitely close so I called the cops who said they would be here soon. But this is huge, I don't know if I will even be able to find her. I looked through every place I could think of but I wasn't even finding her. I tried calling but she had it turned off, it went straight to voicemail.

I sat down and thought of where my dad would take her, it had to be somewhere discreet so he can threaten her or whatever he does. I looked for a bit more, I went into the back of the casino and I think I finally found them but I stopped to listen to what was being said.