ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39

♪ Close the windows, lock the doors
Don't wanna leave you anymore ♪

Mia Bakker POV

I felt scared to go through another pregnancy but I felt the support. My mom, Sophie, and Victoria talked to me every day, mostly by texting, and tried to give me pieces of advice and offered a lot of help. Max is the sweetest and Em was so excited, I caught her holding the ultrasounds a few times and she always wanted to know what she was seeing.

It finally came the time to see the gender and I was nervous. I know the baby will be loved no matter the gender and I just want him to be healthy. I also wish for a boy, maybe because I always wanted two kids, especially a boy and a girl.

"So this is your daughter? She is gorgeous" The doctor says after greeting us and Em smiles shyly.

"I am the big sister" She says proudly and I smile.

"Em, go to dad's lap so you can see the baby" I say and she nods, she sat on Max's lap and watched closely as the machine was turned in.

"I am glad to tell both of you that you are having a boy and he is not shy about it, he still looks healthy and his heartbeat is sounding great" She says and I smile and feel Max's hand on mine, I look at him and both him and Em had the hugest smile.

"So we are having a boy, I like it" Max says happily.

"Are you taking all the vitamins? Have you felt anything out of normal?" The doctor asks while she did her measures.

"I'm doing fine, some morning sickness here and there, some dizziness but I feel good overall" I say and she sounds pleased.

"Keep a low-stress lifestyle and as I told you before, you need to stop travels around the 36 weeks so in July no more flights for you. When he is born, you should not take him on flights for 3 months" She says and we both nod.

"I know, there is no problem. I will be close to both our families so they can help" I say not really worried about that part.

She gave us some photos and a video of the ultrasound and we left happy. I was still pretty stunned by this pregnancy, it wasn't exactly planed but this baby is wished for. I just don't understand how I conceived while on the pill and with condoms being used. Something definitely missed.

"I should put an IUD after the baby is born, we don't need more babies" I say after we laid Em to sleep and Max was talking to Sophie and Victoria.

"Did you miss any day on the pill? Maybe the condom was defective and the missed pill was not making a good job" Sophie says and I shake my head.

"I take it every day at the same hour, I was always very careful. I don't know how this happened twice" I say and Victoria seems to realize something.

"Some medications anul the pill and you got sick around the end of October and in 2015 you also got sick. Maybe that was it, but the condom should've made it's job" She says and I had completely ignored the times I was sick aligned with the date they were conceived.

"That was it! Maybe the condom was defective. I don't know. I will put the IUD so I don't have to worry about it. No hormones and no babies" I say and Max laughs.

"For now it will be better like that" Max says hugging me.

"So is it a boy or a girl? Are you pretending to do one of those gender reveal parties or can we know?" Victoria asks excitedly.

"No, we won't do that. I don't care about it but it's a boy which makes it known that he will be the golden boy of Formula 1. Max is already excited to have him on the grid and to tell the boys" I say and they laugh.