ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

♫ I know I've said it before
But all of our bridges burned down ♫

Max Verstappen POV

Days with the whole family here went by really well. It was the last day of their week here and we were relaxing on the couch while watching a movie. I did some exercises in the morning and in the beginning of the afternoon, Tom even joined me so now we are tired and resting. I had my arm around Mia's shoulders, my mom was loving the romantic comedy Mia chose and Tom had his arm around Victoria. This feels right. Luka is asleep and Em is napping because she does it a lot still and then gets energy outbursts when she wakes up.

It was all completely fine until the bell rang. Mia looked confused at me and I shrugged.

"Have you invited someone?" She asks getting up but I shake my head.

"I have no one supposed to come here" I say and she leaves to the door. It was seconds before she came quickly to the living room like she just saw a ghost.

"Jos is here Max" She says and we all quickly get up. It was instinct.

"I will go there" I say and they understand the message.

"Sit here baby" My mom says taking Mia in her arms and sitting her on the couch basically hugging her for comfort. I go to the door and open it, my dad sees me and tries to get in but I don't budge.

"You are not getting in. If you want to talk this door being open is your best option" I say and he looks down.

"I swear to God. I don't know what that stupid girl told you, I am your dad, I always wanted what's best for you. I didn't do shit" He says and I let out a laugh.

"She was the one who believed in me. When I was left alone in that gas station while it rained, her parents drove hours to come to get me. When you said I would be a truck driver, she said I would be a world champion. She always wanted the best for me. You never wanted that, you wanted me to be worse than you" I say and he is definitely speechless for the first time in his life.

"Son, she is poisoning your head. I made you the driver you are today. Not her" He says and I let out a laugh.

"She made me the man I am today. You were abusive and selfish. Stay out of my life, out of Mia's life, and especially out of our daughter's life or I will swear to God you will regret it" I say and he looks even angrier.

"What has she told you? Does she have any proof?" He asks and I take a deep breath.

"I don't need any proof. We loved each other. We were together for 5 years. She ran away, left me and her family behind to save her own life and our daughter and I believe her 100%. She wouldn't need to run away if she just wanted to leave me. She could've just ended it. You have a record of threatening people, especially women, and being aggressive, regardless of the gender. I don't give a fuck about proof. I want you out of all of our lives" I say and he takes a step back.

"You will regret it. All that success will be busted because of that girl. You were always blinded by her. You wanted her there every race. You looked for her as soon as you got out of any car. You need focus, she distracts you. I liked her but she was getting in your way" He says and I burst out laughing.

"Do you care to explain to me why this is my best season then? She came back in March, right at the beginning, and guess what? It's going pretty well since she is here. I still look for her every time I get out of the car. I have her there at every race and I look forward to making her proud at every single one but I know that if I fail she will be there, and she will be proud. I have a family now and I am a father too. I am nothing like you and I don't want to be. I'm better than you, as a driver and as a father. I don't want my daughter seeing you, ever" I say and he nods pretty angrily.

"You will regret this when she disappears again. I was always here. I am not the piece of shit you think I am. I am your father" He says and I prepare to close the door.

"If Mia ever goes missing you better start praying to any possible god because I will go after you, I won't even think twice. Get the fuck out of my life once and for all" I say and close the door.

"Did he left?" Victoria asks as soon as I enter the living room and Mia didn't even look at me.

"He did, of course he did. If he didn't I would've made him or called the cops. I don't care" I say and go to sit down where I was.

"I'm sorry" I hear Mia say and I just shake my head, give her a smile and put my arm on her shoulders.

"Don't be, I should've done that a few years ago. I came to Monaco to be away from him and now it's time to go no contact with him. For my own sake too, he is toxic" I say and she leans her head on my shoulder making me smile even more.

"You definitely are nothing like him and I'm so happy you are how you are"

"I love you too Mia" I whisper when she puts the movie again.

She had her head on my shoulder, she could hear my racing heartbeat, I feel more nervous at this moment than when I'm at a race and I know she knows it. I just had to say it. I've been holding it in for months. I love her, never stopped loving her, and never will.

——————————————-
Hello everyone!
Carlos' story first chapter will be posted at the same time as this one so go ahead and read it.
I hope you like this chapter and the new story that's about to start.
Any doubts, ideas ou requests just text me.
Love you all ❤️