ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30

♬ For just one day of what we had
I'll break my heart again ♬

Max Verstappen POV

The weekend was great, I won the race and I was ecstatic, everyone was. I looked for Mia on the middle of the people surrounding me and as soon as I saw her I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"I'm so proud of you baby" She whispers in my ear.

"I love you" I say kissing her and I feel the flashes and the noise getting bigger.

"Daddy, you won" I hear Em say and I pick her up.

"I did baby. A surgery won't stop me" I say and start to walk with them to the podium.

"I will see the podium from up front and then I will wait for you at the hospitality" She says and I give her another kiss when we finally get close to the podium.

"I will see you there babe. Christian, take them to your side at the front, please" I say as he followed behind us.

"I will take care of them" He says and I get to the podium.

All I wanted to see was Mia and I could see the pride in her eyes, she was happy, it didn't matter how many times she has seen me win, for years she was the only one who was there to celebrate every victory and every loss. She is the one, she has always been the one.

Time went by like it was nothing, we were just back from Russia and it was my birthday and also Emilia's too. Both of our families were together in my mom's house in The Netherlands and we couldn't be happier. Everyone was reliving old memories and I couldn't feel happier to see my whole world in the same room.

"Mia" I call and she turns around coming in my direction.

"Do you need something?" She asks but I shake my head.

"No, I got everything I need. Can I give you a hug?" I ask opening my arms and she smiles hugging me almost immediately.

"You can hug me whenever you want" She says and I nod.

"I know, I just can't believe how good this year is being" I say resting my head on her shoulder.

"Daddy, are you sad?" I hear Em ask as she got closer to us.

"No, I'm happy. Look at the family all together. How could I be sad, princess?" I ask kneeling down to her height and she smiles.

"Grandma is putting the candles on the cakes so we can sing happy birthday" She says and I nod.

"Go ahead, mom and dad will go in a second" I say giving her a kiss on the cheek and she goes to the table.

"You seem concerned" Mia says and I take a deep breath.

"My life is thrilling and a dream for many but now I know it was kind of dead without you, there was always that void. Having a daily life with you and Em is the life I want. I'm scared you will leave again" I say and she gives me a comforting smile and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Max, I won't go away. I now know you would believe me above your own father, I know you will protect me so I have no reason to leave. I love you and I love this too. I didn't like being alone for the last few years too. I want to stay and I will stay. We have a kid together, I can't just disappear. I like this too" She says and I kiss her.

"I love you, if something happens talk to me" I say and we go to the table where they started singing happy birthday. I held her hand in mine while they did it and kissed her in the end while everyone cheered.

"The baby is coming" Emilia says excitedly after blowing the candles on her cake and I do the same on mine.

"We talked about it. The baby will come when his times comes too" Mia says and she she shrugs.