ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 48

♫ You don't have to say you love me
I just wanna tell you somethin'
Lately you've been on my mind ♫

Mia Bakker POV

It's the middle of August and we are loving these vacations, Max feels like he has more vacation time because the races that follow the break are in Belgium and Netherlands so it's close by. I was happy because today we were going out. Max left really early, and my parents left with him and took our kids. What was happening? I had no idea. I thought I could sleep a bit more but Victoria and Sophie showed up an hour later and they had a hairdresser and a makeup artist with them. Is Max throwing me a fancy lunch? 

I didn't even try to fight it, I know I can't win. They did all that but I left my house in pajamas, make it make sense. I went into the car they had ready, it was an hour's drive or something and I feared for what Max had planned, I knew this was his thing. I hope this isn't the baby shower I couldn't have.

The car stops and I look outside, what are we doing here? I looked outside and I knew what this is, did he really rent a venue for a baby shower? He couldn't plan our wedding, he didn't have time or patience for this. The place was gorgeous and very well-known for beautiful events and weddings.

"Am I getting married?" I ask when I look down from the room's window and see the beautiful venue, I can't believe this.

"You are darling. He made sure you didn't suspect anything. There are 10 wedding dresses coming up the stairs for you because he got too overwhelmed so he let's you choose that. He didn't want you stressing out over this" Sophie says and I try to stop the tears from falling and ruining the makeup.

"You can cry, the makeup artist will be around for the whole wedding. We will change into our dresses and bring your mom and Emilia so you can choose whatever you want and we will be back in a bit" Victoria says and I nod.

I look at the dresses that just got in and the two girls were helping me seeing them all and dressing and undressing them.

"Oh, wow. You look stunning" The girl says completely amazed and I look in the mirror.

"Do you think so? Isn't it too simple? There are huge dresses there" I say loving what I was seeing, but would Max love it too?

"Your husband made sure we had 3 princess dresses but he told you wouldn't go for those probably" She says and I smile.

"Mom! You look just like a princess" Em says when she got in and I smile, kneeling down to hug her.

"You look like a princess too darling" I say seeing her in the cutest dress ever. The pastel blue was gorgeous, no doubt. 

"I never thought seeing my baby getting married would be so emotional" My mom says already cleaning the tears that were stubborn enough to fall down.

"Shows us the back" Victoria says excitedly and I do a little walk to show them the dress.

"You are gorgeous, your good taste is really showing" Sophie says and I see how teary her eyes were

"Let's not be depressive. I want my dad to walk me down the aisle" I say changing the subject.

"Yeah, we have to do that, Max is sweating in nervousness. He is afraid you will leave" Victoria says letting out a laugh.

"I wouldn't leave at the altar. Victoria, you go first, then Sophie, mom and Em" I say looking in the mirror on the last time.

"He already said that to us, don't worry. Don't forget the bouquet love" Victoria says before they left. I went down the hotel stairs and my dad was there, as soon as he saw me he used the tissue he had on his hand to wipe his tears.

"Oh darling. You are even more beautiful than I had imagined" He says as I get to his side.

"Thank you dad, but there is no need to cry. It's a happy day" I say knowing damn well I would cry all day, from happiness of course.

"I'm so happy. When your relationship ended and you disappear I thought we would never see you again, then I thought you two wouldn't be able to go back to what you used to be. And now, I'm just so happy that you are happy now. You have a family, I know you two are young but I also know that you are a great mother and a great partner. I love you very much and I know there is no one who could love you more than Max"

"I love you too dad, you are the best dad I could ever ask for. I also love Max very much, no worries about that. Let's finally get me a new title" I say and wrap my arm in his, we go outside and I see everyone getting up and the music starts.

When Max turned around that's when I was 110% sure I chose the right person, he wiped the tears that rolled down and as soon as I got on the altar I saw his smile.

"Are you in?" He asks clearly nervous while holding my hands in his.

"More than ever" I say and see how he relaxes. Everyone sits down and the ceremony starts.