ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32

♬Can't tell him he's the wrong man at the right time
Better that I keep my feelings inside
I, I wish it was you ♬

Max Verstappen POV

"Where is Mia? I haven't seen her for the last 15 minutes" I ask Christian and Sergio after looking around twenty times or more.

"I don't know, I thought she went to get a drink or to the bathroom. You have only been here for an hour and she left already?" Sergio asks confusedly.

"Sergio, Christian, can you come with me? I think Max needs some alone time with Mia" Carola says and I am more confused than before, seconds later I see Mia looking around. When our eyes finally lock she smiles and comes in my direction.

"Where have you been? We have been here for an hour and you just disappear shortly after that. Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly about what could be happening.

"I'm sorry, I just went to sit down for a bit while you talked with Christian and Sergio, my feet were hurting from standing all day" She says and I nod hugging her while thinking about what Carola said.

"Carola just took Christian and Sergio away and said we needed some time alone. Is there something I don't know?" I ask and she just shakes her head.

"No. Maybe she wanted us to have some alone time, there are a lot of people here and she must know better than me how occupied you will be for hours" She says wrapping her arms around my neck while distributing kisses on my neck.

"Baby" I call and she stops looking at me as I took one of her hands in mine taking her arms out of my neck.

"What?" She asks as I looked her in the eyes, she was expecting the rest of what I was going to say.

"I know when you are lying. What does she know that I don't know?" I ask and she takes a step back with a confused look on her face.

"I am lying? I don't even speak with Carola besides greeting her and small talk, she doesn't know me better than you" She says defensively and I nod.

"I'm sorry but I know when you are trying to distract me from the subject. You can get away with it now but I know you are hiding something and I don't like it at all. Honesty and transparency are something that we both like" I say and she nods looking around.

"Fine Max. Keep thinking whatever you are thinking" She says and takes a few steps back when Lando and Daniel arrive to talk to me.

"You don't seem pretty happy right now" Lando says finding it strange but I just shrug and keep my eyes on Mia who got further away and started scrolling through her phone.

"Yeah, I think Mia is hiding something from me. That's not what I wanted for today" I say and they nod.

2 hours went by and I had a few drinks, I lost sight of Mia a few times but only for a couple of minutes because she always came back after and stayed most of the time by my side. She leaves once again and Carola comes in my direction.

"You two look tense. Have you talked?" She asks sounding worried.

"We talked but you left me thinking she had something to tell me and I know she has but she doesn't tell me" I say and she takes a deep breath.

"I am so sorry. Mia is a sweet girl, the sweetest. I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted you two to talk and have a little bit of alone time before everyone came to talk to you. I didn't mean to cause a fight. Maybe she is not telling you for a good reason, perhaps there is a better time for you to know what she has to say" She says and I nod.

"I would never blame you, I just assumed it and went with it, I found out what I didn't want to and now I want to know what is happening. I'm not even enjoying this as much as I can because she keeps getting out" I say and she looks around.

"There is no one approaching you right now. Just go find her and she will tell you when she has to" She says and I nod.

I look around the club but I only find her in the outside area talking on the phone and I couldn't stop listening.

"Look- No. I need your help. Max is suspicious, I don't want to hide it anymore... If I tell him he may hate me and this may blow this all up... I know... Yeah, I just- Tell me everything is gonna be okay... Thank you... I love you too, bye" I hear her say and my heart skipped a few beats. What is happening?

"Can't you just tell what is happening?" I ask and she turns around completely in shock.

"Max! Oh, God. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here" She says getting closer and putting her hand in mine but I take a step back.

"I don't like this. This is making me uncomfortable and I'm thinking things that I don't want to think so I would appreciate it if you tell me right now what is happening. Please." I say and she takes a few deep breaths.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to go like it did" She says and I feel my heart breaking as her eyes got watery.

"Just- Tell what happened and we can take care of it together, stop these games" I say folding and holding her hand. I couldn't be mad and distant seeing her like this.

"Do you love me?" She asks and I feel the anxiety rising.

"Mia, I would give my life for you without even thinking twice. Of course, I love you. Until my last breath, I love you" I say and she smiles hugging me.

"I love you too. So keep an open mind for what I'm about to tell you, okay?" She asks nervously and takes a few steps back so she could see me clearly.

"Just tell me what it is Mia. Please. I'm getting frustrated" I say and she takes a last deep breath before dropping the bomb that I was definitely not expecting. Jesus Ch