ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

♪ All these scars, can't help from showin'
Whippin' in the foreign and the tears keep blowin', yeah ♪

Max Verstappen POV

When I arrived at the airport they were just getting to the waiting room with their suitcases, my sister and mom went ahead and then Tom came with Lukas on his lap and when they see me they hug me.

"You look different" My mom says a little bit suspicious.

"Yeah, he looks really happy" My sisters while they alternated looks between me and them.

"I'm pretty good, thank you for noticing" I say and we start going to my car.

"How did it go with Mia? You talked but none of you ever said what was so important and if it went well. She said you would be the one to tell us and you said you would say it today" Vic says curious and I laugh.

"Don't worry, I will tell you all when we got home, how is little Luka going? 5 months and he is growing so fast" I say and Tom laughs.

"it's hard but it's worth it" He says and I smile, I can understand it now.

"I always thought you would be the first to have kids, you are older, I want more grandbabies"

"I will tell you when you have more grandkids" I said and she shrugs.

"I can't make you do them, I can wait" She says and we get in the car and I drive home, when I open the door they all looked a little confused.

"This is a new decoration" Tom says looking at the hall and I laugh.

"Hey, you are finally here, I made lunch" Mia appears and Victoria runs to hug her followed by my mom.

"You look good baby, but what are you doing here?" My mom says while analyzing her.

"Are you two back together? In a week? That was fast"

"Oh. No! He didn't tell you yet?" She asks confused and when she looks at me I shake my head.

"Mama, is papa here?" Em asks and she enters the hall and everyone stops and looks at her and she looks a bit scared.

"I'm here, come here baby" I say kneeling down to her height and she runs to my arms so I could pick her up.

"Mom, sis, this is Emilia or Em, she is our daughter" I say, and they both pout, and I could see they were emotional, oh god.

"She looks just like you too, especially you Max. I can't believe this. Why did you leave baby girl?" Mom asks and looks at Mia.

"I'm sorry, it was complicated" She says looking at the floor but I go to her side and hold her hand.

"Dad made her leave, we will explain it over lunch, let's eat now" I say and Em asks go to the floor, I put her back and she holds my mom and my sister's hand.

"Hello baby, I'm Victoria, I'm your aunt, and this is Tom, your uncle, and Luka, your cousin" She says and Em smiles and Tom shows her Luka.

"He is really small. Was I that small?" She says amazed.

"You were baby"

"I am Sophia, I'm your grandma" She says and Em smiles.

"I like this, it was just us but now I have a Daddy and a big family. I even have two omas" She says running to Mia and Mia smiles.

"Yeah, your dad has a big family and a looot of friends, they will spoil you" She says and we all laugh.

"I like it"

We go and start to eat and after we put Em and Luka to sleep a bit we explain to them what happened with Mia and dad 6 years ago.

"I can't believe he did that, I'm so sorry, it must have been scary" My mom says and Mia shrugs.

"It was but we are both okay now, that's what matters. And I hope you can all forgive for the 6 years you lost from her life but I'm happy that we will all be here for the years she will definitely remember" Mia says and my mom puts her hand on top of hers.

"There is nothing to forgive, you did what was right, he would go ahead. We have to thank you for protecting her at all costs and you two will be the best parents now and we will help" Mom says and we all smile.

"Tell us more about her, her whole name, her birthday, all that" Tom says excitedly.

"She is Emilia Marie Bakker Verstappen, I wanted his family to be a part of her life. She was born on Max's birthday. She also was diagnosed with a rare disease that attacked her liver so Max will give her part of his on August"

"We went to the doctors and they said I'm a perfect match so we will go ahead after the race in Hungary, in 4 weeks I will be recovered and in a few months my liver will be regenerated. It will be fine, don't start worrying" I say noticing the worry in their faces.

"We will come to help you" My sister says and I nod.

"You can all come, because of COVID you won't be allowed on the hospital but when we fly back we will see when you can come" Mia says and they seem happy to agree.

"And what about Kelly? Did she support this or did she left?" My sister asks and I see the smirk on her face.

"I broke up with her, she had no right to block your numbers and now I have to focus my attention on Em. They will live with me now" I say and they look at each other with a huge smile and then to Mia who coughs.

"That sound good to me" Vic says and I nod.

"Thrusday I will leave to Italy, Friday starts the practices and if you want you can come. Em and Mia will come, I want Em to see what I do" I say and Mia smiles, we talked about it and she agreed as long as Em has the energy we could all go to the races and I also have to talk to Horner about Em and the surgery.

"You go with Em and Mia, we will go next time. Luka can't really be travelling all over the place, we will schedule a closer trip, maybe the Spain or Portugal one" Vic says and we agree.

"Let's see how they are" I said getting up and both Mia and Vic laugh.

"Max, the baby monitor didn't capture nothing, they are okay" Mia says and I give her a smile.

"Let me see our daughter please" I say and go to her room and there was she sleeping easily with Luka on his portable crib.