ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

♪ Tell me you don't want me no more
But I can't let go ♪

Mia Bakker POV

"It wasn't a match, you have to try to get Max to do the tests, it's her best possibility" He says and I feel a tear rolling down my face but I stop it.

"Who's Max? Is he my papa?" She asks and I saw the hope in her eyes.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry." I say and he gives me a small hug and I seat on the couch feeling defeated, he will take her from me but I prefer her to be with him than to be dead.

"I'm okay mama. I'm like you mommy, I'm strong" She says and hugs me so I smile and hug her, my dad asks her if she wants to play in the backyard and when they left I broke down.

"You can do it, Jos has no control over him and he won't kill you, he is not stupid, he is just an old man trying to live through his son" She says and I clean my tears and go knock on their door and Jos comes with a smile.

"What do you want?" He asks and smirks and I start to know something is wrong.

"To talk to Max, please." I say ironically.

"He left half an hour ago, I don't think it's your lucky day"

"Jos, she's your granddaughter, have some fucking heart please"

"Get out Mia, you're no longer welcome here" He says and closes the door.

I spent the entire afternoon questioning what I could do, when I called Max it said I was blocked, obviously, so I decided to call Victoria, we were like sisters, she will answer me. Hopefully.

"Mia?" She asks when she answers after a few seconds.

"Victoria, I'm sorry, I need to talk to you, I mean I need to talk to Max but I'm blocked so I tried my luck with you"

"That's weird, he never blocked you, at least he never told me he did. How are you? I heard you were back home"

"I'm in a shitty phase of my life but I'm okay, do you think you could put me in contact with your brother?"

"I shouldn't do that, you will confuse him more, he needs to move on, you left him, you left our family, he has the right to move on. I don't want to see him hurt again" She says doubtful and I could understand the feeling.

"I disappeared for almost 6 years, I wouldn't come back if wasn't important. It's a life or death situation, I will tell you everything after I tell him, but please help me" I say desperate because I know if she doesn't help me nobody will.

"For all the years I've known you, I'll trust you, don't fuck this up Mia. I don't want to hate you girl" She says and I sigh in relief.

"Thank you so much, please tell me if he agrees to talk to me or not. I have no way to go see him"

"Don't worry, I will talk to him in the morning, his girlfriend was going to visit him today, she told me"

"Okay, thank you Vic."

"You're welcome babe, talk to you soon" She says and I hang up.

"Did it work?" My mom asks and I nod.

"She will talk to him, let's see"

The next day she called me at 10 am and I quickly answered.

"Something is happening, when I call him it's clear I'm blocked. When my mom or Tom calls him it's the same, someone went through his phone. Tell me, does this affect Max too? How important is it on a scale from 0 to 10?"

"It does, it's a 100 probably. Do you think maybe his girlfriend is making sure he doesn't speak to me? Does she know?"

"I thought the same, I will pay you for a flight to Bahrain for the 29th, do you still have Daniel's number? You sometimes called him because of Max"

"I do, I have the number"

"Call him when you get there and he will take you to the hotel where they are. I explained that you needed to talk to Max and he was on board. You will get there on the day after the race, Max will only travel back to Monaco on the day that follows the race. You have that day to talk to him. I will see if he calls me but I doubt it."

"Thank you so much, my dad will send you the money for the flight. I love you Vic"

"I love you too, don't hurt him Mia"

We hung up and I spent the next days in a pile of nerves. The 29th came and I got on the earliest flight and at 11 am I was getting out of the airplane, I called Daniel and when I saw him I gave him a hug.

"It's nice seeing you, you look good" He says and I smile.

"You too Daniel, you look pretty good" I say and we go to his rented car.

"So, are you ready to talk to him? I never thought Kelly would do that but I didn't say anything because I want him to catch her"

"I'm not ready but I have to. Thank you for all of this, and for trusting me" I say and he smiles.

"If his sister still trusts you, who am I may to doubt it?" He says and I kind of agree. And then he started with the dad jokes. "Do you know what the ocean said to the beach?"

"Nothing, he just waved" I say and we both laugh. I didn't even bring a suitcase because I had a flight to come back home tonight, so this has to work.

"We are here" He says and we get out, he shows me where Max's room was and when I knock a brunette girl with blue eyes opens the door and her eyes wide in shock, so she was Kelly, she was pretty.

"What are you doing here?" She asks angrily.

"I really need to talk to Max, I don't want him back, I swear it's important"

"I don't fucking care, get lost. I'm not going to let you take Max from me. You disappeared, that's what you should continue doing" She says and I get shocked when I hear Max's voice inside.

"Who is it?" I hear the confusion in his voice and she tries to close the door on my face.

"No one babe, room service" She says but I put my foot stopping the door from closing.

"Max it's me, Mia. We need to talk" I say and she gets out of the way and he opens the door with only a towel on his waist. Oh God.