ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

♫ You're wonder under summer skies
Brown skin and lemon over ice
Would you believe it? ♫

Max Verstappen POV

I went back to the races, I went back every time I could. Doctors were able to transfer him to the Netherlands so at least I knew Mia had our families to support her, when summer break came I was relieved I could go back to her, I didn't care about not being able to travel or whatever, I wanted to see my kids and my wife. I can call her that, but she can't know, she would love it a little too much.

"Max" She answers as I was calling her from the airport.

"Where are you baby?" I ask looking around and not finding her.

"I am in the car, I had to breastfeed and I can't do it in public. Can you come to the park?" She asks and I nod to myself because she couldn't see me.

"Okay love. How are they doing?" I ask while walking there and finally, something hit me. "Wait. Breastfeeding? He is out of the hospital?" I ask completely surprised and she bursts out laughing.

"He is, he is more than ready to be home with his parents. It was too much time in there but he is perfect" She says and I was almost jumping with joy in the middle of the airport. "By the way, I'm sitting right in front of you, to the right. I wanted to see how you would react"

"Do you think this is a good time to test me? It's obvious that I would be happy with it" I say when I get to her side after she hung up on me.

"I know, I like seeing you happy. Isn't he perfect?" She says and I pick him up, it had nothing to do with what he looked like when he was born but it was still the smallest baby I've ever picked up. Luka and Lio couldn't compete.

"He is, he looks just like me" I say proudly and she gives me a death stare.

"That is very ungrateful. I carry a human being inside of me, almost die doing it and he comes out looking exactly like his dad who put 2 or 3 hours into making him. Depressing" She starts walking off as she says it and I only laughed while holding my son.

"I put a lot of time into taking care of him and I will put even more now. Don't worry about that" I say following to the car and seeing Emilia laughing.

"Dad. Mom was saying that you would be sleeping on the couch today" She says when Mia was putting Kilian in his carrier.

"Why?" I ask starting to get worried.

"She saw you talking to a lady when she was facetiming Carola" Em says getting in her car seat, I put my things in the trunk and get in the driver's seat. I drove home and Mia put Kilian in the crib while she made lunch and Em went to her room to play a bit.

"So, Emilia told me I would be sleeping on the couch today" I say sneaking behind her.

"Oh, definitely" She says confidently and I laugh.

"And why would I sleep on the couch in my house? Are the guest bedrooms not an option?" I ask teasing her.

"I locked them all. I saw you talking to Kelly in the garage" She says turning around and I smile.

"I mean, she was talking alone but yes I was standing in front of her while I waited for her rant to be over" I say shrugging.

"And? Do you think it's correct to talk to your crazy ex while your wife waits for you at home? She shouldn't even have time for a rant" She says clearly angry and my smile widens.

"My wife? Is it official? Should I call you Mia Verstappen? Miss Verstappen? My wife? Which one sounds better?" I ask getting closer with a tiny smirk, hearing it from her was good.

"I gave you two kids, I count as a wife. Treat me as such. I don't need to wait for Abu Dhabi to be your wife, I don't care. You are my man and not hers. Kick her out next time" She says looking me up and down.

"I will kick her out immediately, I tend to obey whatever my wife asks me to do" I say putting my hand in her hair and she smiles looking up at me.

"Did you do it on purpose?" She asks suspecting my intentions and I shrug.

"Does it matter? If I admit to it, I don't think it will change much" I say putting my hand on her cheek.

"Asshole! You saw me talking to Carola and went in the background when Kelly entered. You wanted me to be mad when you got home. Why?"

"You look even sexier when you are angry, and makeup sex is on another level. That's it. I don't care about her" I say giving her a peck on the kiss, and a few more after that one. She quickly started to smile and kissed me.

"You are playing with fire, be careful so you don't get burned, you can still sleep on the couch if you get me mad until the end of the day" She says going back to the stove and I let out a laugh.

"Love, believe me, I won't get you mad" I say confidently and I sit on one of the chairs to watch her.

"Can you go check on him? I'm still too paranoid something may happen" She asks a few minutes later and I nod.

"Do you want to put a camera in his room? I know he won't spend much time there but it must be good" I ask as I was living.

"I already ordered one of those baby monitors" She says and I leave to go see Kilian.

I looked as he slept peacefully and I thanked God that they both survived. Our family is complete and I know this is everything I could ever wish for. I am grateful for this and I will make sure she knows it.