Chapter 9 - Alex - Claimed By Too Many

BANG.

I tugged the necklace involuntarily and saw Annabeth pulling out her blade as well. She was looking outside the camp walls, where more than a few monsters stood, trying their best to break in. Bronze bulls the size of large elephants stood at the entrance, trying to force their way in. A large stomping sound came as a large bronze dragon like creature emerged from the forest.

"The Bronze Dragon," Annabeth whispered under her breath, and cursed so badly that she thought the horses at the stables were better.

"Colchis Bulls," Percy, the kid with black hair said as he appeared right next to Annabeth in a protective manner, his sword at the ready.

"You know what these things are?" I asked, looking at the metal robotic monsters in shock, the trident in my hand ready to be released. "I always got to know the monsters I beat after I'd killed them."

"Let's go get them," Annabeth said. She charged out the entrance, her sword at the ready, screaming. Many others followed, leaving the Bronze Dragon, the only monster that was already inside the Camp. Percy and I were the only ones against it.

"Welp," I said, "here goes nothing." I threw a gold dagger at the dragon, which only bounced back at me, leaving a single scratch on its metal. I caught it. The dragon's red eyes glowered at me.

"I think you angered it," Percy said to me, tightening his grip on his sword.

"Yeah, I didn't see it's large eyes looking at me-" the dragon huffed, and a large stream of fire from its nostrils missed me by an inch, lighting the grass ablaze. It took another step forward, ready to leap at me.

"Attack it from behind while I distract it!" I bellowed at Percy, getting onto the neck of the dragon as it bent down, and poking my trident in the most random of places. The dragon roared loudly. Annabeth looked back one time, and then went back to the bulls with others.

"That seems important," Percy said, cutting away a few wires. He held on the dragon's tail as it jumped up and down, trying to shake me off. Swinging from side to side, I held onto my trident which was firmly planted into a gap between the dragon's neck and body. Percy, on the other hand was swinging more vigorously.

"Let go!" I shouted to him.

"NO!" came Percy's voice as he swung upwards.

"YOU'LL DIE PERCY!"

No answer came. Adrenaline kicked into my senses, and I looked at the dragon's neck. "Red wire, blue wire," I muttered, taking a dagger from my belt. "Which one should go?"

"ALEX!" Percy's voice came. "DO SOMETHING!"

"WAIT," I shouted, deciding over a wire. After a small moment, I cut both the wires. The Dragon stopped, as though he had shut down. Both Percy and I slid off the back of the dragon, feeling happy with our work.

"Not bad, Marine," said Percy, smiling.

"Not bad yourself," I replied, and both of us shook our hands together pleasantly.

Then, Percy waved his hands, his face frowned in concentration, and I watched with wonder, as water delicately rushed from the sea and cleared out the fires, leaving black soot marks alone. 

"Woah," I said, looking at him wide eyes. "That. Was. Extremely. Cool."

"Took me years to get it," Percy said, smiling. "Earthquakes, I'm still struggling."

"Earthquakes?" I said, smiling. "I can-"

The rest of my voice was possibly drowned away as the Dragon regained its former strength and woke up, it's eyes now a manic purple instead of red.

"What'd we do now?" Percy asked, astonished. The bulls were almost down outside. Only a few remained.

The Dragon roared, and fire rolled out of its mouth like liquid out of a jar, and within the minute whole field was burning as though the firepit had been enlarged in size and burning for hours. All that was left was the two little circles in between the fire where Percy and I stood.

"It's gonna take more than twenty years of training to extinguish all of this," Percy muttered, his eyes wide with shock. The fumes clogged my breath, and I coughed so much I felt like my lungs might pop out of my mouth in a minute.

"Bad Dragon," I hissed, looking at it with narrow eyes as hot fumes made them water. The dragon stomped around the field, clearly happy with his artwork. He roared out loud. Percy was on the verge of fainting.

"Maybe a little power," a voice echoed in my head. "Do it. You know you can do it."

"I can do it," I muttered, and pushed the trident into the fire with so much force that the Earth below rumbled loud enough for everyone living in New York City, USA to hear.

Waves of water as high as 15 meters rolled towards the shore, crashing with such force against the cabins and the field. Craters the size of large blue whales began to crack outside the camp, and the Colchis Bulls ran into one another, panicking as the waves threatened them from the inside.

The Dragon was doused as well, all his parts filled with water. He ran into the forest once more, the black soot on his metal washed away by the sea. Percy stood up abruptly, looking refreshed, with his sword at the ready.

Lightning flashed over the sky, and hit most of the bulls simultaneously, leaving them overheated and they exploded on the spot. The other campers backed away, scrambling into the camp.

The Earth shook under my feet. A few of the bulls fell into dark craters and holes that formed on the ground. The trees of the forest shook wildly, making the fumes go away, and at the same time, hurting the dragon so well that I felt like smirking. His pained groans echoed through the forest and the camp.

Percy stared at me with wide eyes as the water avoided us, leaving us as dry as we had been before. I ignored him and focused on using my power to the fullest to bringing the camp to safety. As the fire died out and the bulls disappeared, the firepit appeared once more, alight with a blazing large fire, and the water ran back to the shore and back to the sea, and the large, deep dark holes closed away on their own.

"How'd you do that?" Percy asked, thunderstruck.

I shrugged. Annabeth ran towards me, shocked. She was not looking at me, but above my head. Chiron followed her lead and stared above my head in utter shock.

Feeling curious as to what was so interesting about my head, I looked up. A shiny lightning bolt flashed quickly with a blue glow, followed by two scythes, sharp and green in color, which faded into a red sign of fire and warmth.

Annabeth gasped loudly.

Next was the so familiar sign of a female, pink and lovely to look at, and a dark skull fluttered above me next, reeking the familiar sensation of death and life.

Percy's eye twitched as I looked down at him, Chiron, and Annabeth. More people had gathered around me, watching, bewildered.

Finally, a greenish- blue glow came into the warm dusk light, lasting for more time than every other. The sign of a huge trident glowed overhead, horses galloping in the background. Water from the sea flew towards me, and formed a protective sphere around me, and popped away, and clutched in my hand now, was a long sword around the size of Percy's, almost identical looking, except it was made out of pure, glowing gold and on its hilt was a large purple gemstone that radiated an aura of power. The sword had patterns of war and the power of the natural forces drawn over them in a tender, careful way.

The sky grew dark, and lightning flashed over it. "Alexandra Marine, the daughter of the First Olympians, and the true daughter of Poseidon," a voice boomed from the sky. And as soon as it had come, the lightning disappeared. Rain began to fall. A moment of long silence followed while I stared up at the sky.

"Hail Alexandra Marine, daughter of the First Olympians!" Chiron bellowed suddenly.

"Hail Alexandra Marine!" the others followed. "True daughter of Poseidon!"

Percy stared at me with his mouth open all the while.