Chapter 125 - Alex - Entrance Exams

Swirling red sands blocked my vision. I covered my nose with the long scarf in my hand. The armor glinted even in the red sunlight. 

"Bloody god had to cut his dad into a million pieces," I said, gritting my teeth. "And somehow I end up bringing him to the Underworld. How fun."

Tartarus was even more wilder on this side. The large bag I was pulling by my side was dripping golden ichor all along the way, making a trail for me to go back as well.

"Not bad," I said to myself, looking around. Dust went into my eyes, and I blinked them away. I snapped my fingers, and a large pit, the size of a large drakon opened up. 

"Alright, Kronos," I said to the bag I had been pulling. "Meet your new home."

I threw my grandfather straight into the abyss I'd created. "Yup. Must be nice."

The scene changed at once. In front of me stood a man with glowing golden eyes. His blonde sandy hair was plastered to one side by sweat and wind. Blood oozed from his shoulder. Regardless of this fact, he smiled mischievously at me. 

The only unsettling feature about him was the thick, pale long scar that ran down from his left eye to his chin. He blinked, and his eyes flickered blue. And then gold. Back to blue.

"Luke Castellan," I said, recognizing the boy at once.

Luke's smile dropped. "I don't go by Castellan. Not anymore."

"What do you go by, then?"

"Just Luke."

I nodded. "Alright, Luke. What brings you here?"

"Well," Luke began, smiling again, "I was actually trying to contact Ariana, but I think I got it mixed up with goddess Alexandra."

His smile dropped again. "This is my last dream contact for the year too. I can see her only-" he began counting "-seventy two days later."

"And this is relevant to me because-?" I started.

"It's not," Luke said at once. "I'm just here to tell you something."

"Make it quick."

Luke turned sharp, straightening up at once. "He's coming, okay?" Luke said, his eyes fierce. "It's not Kronos. It's... It's Tartarus."

"We already knew that."

"Yes, but it's not just him," Luke said impatiently. "It's all of Tartarus!"

I blinked. "Wait- what?"

"The Titans, the giants, the drakons, the empousai," Luke explained, "all of them."

"But-"

"Hades and Thanatos are holding them back for now, but their defenses won't last forever," Luke said. "If you want, see for yourself."

The vision changed once more. Two large red doors were in front of me. 

"The Heart of Tartarus," Luke said, standing next to me.

The doors were being pounded on. I could hear the 'heave, ho!' on the other side. The doors seemed like they were about to burst open anytime. And through all that noise, I heard him. 

His laughter pierced the air like hot metal through cold ice. I felt myself become unfocused. My arms began shaking uncontrollably. Sulphur blocked my nose. Tartarus.  

A pillow fell on my head with extreme force. "WAKE UP!"

I gasped for air, sitting upright. 

"What was that about?" a voice said.