Chapter 42 - Alex - Peering into Future

Yeah, so that was what happened. Oh, and this is Alexandra, by the way. Don't mind what Reyna said about me being a bad narrator. SHE'S the one who needed to attend Public Speaking classes.

I felt excited. I was running up the stream at Camp Half Blood. I jumped over a fallen straw dummy and ran all the way to the Athena Cabin.

"Malcolm, for the next statue, you need to work on the body. Last time the cloak slid of the statue, and I found a satyr munching on it the next day," a young woman with long blond hair was saying. I felt more excited.

"Annabeth!" I shouted, running to the woman and hugging her. Annabeth turned around, caught me in her arms and hugged me tight.

"He did it," I said wheezily, gasping for breath. And then, Annabeth gasped.

"No way," she whispered. She pulled away and took my right hand in hers. On my finger now was a silver ring with a gleaming white diamond on it. "He proposed!" Annabeth squealed.

I nodded excitedly. "I think he's gone to tell Perc-"

I wasn't able to finish that sentence as much as get myself together. A young man with burning brown eyes and a smoldering shirt ran into me at the speed of light. I lost my balance and almost fell to the ground before he caught me.

"He did it, didn't he?" the man asked. I felt no anger. I nodded, grinning.

"Yes, Valdez, now let go, I wanna stand up," I said.

From the third Cabin, two men came running. One had black hair and he wore a stupid combination of clothes that clashed hideously, in terms of color. I instantly knew that it was Percy. Only older.

By his side was a man with blonde hair. He wore a purple shirt, and some pants suitable enough to train in, and on his face was a huge grin. He was practically skipping by the time he reached us. He had blue eyes, and he had a small scar on his lip. He came next to me and hid himself behind me, even though he was taller than me.

"I don't think your brother is very happy with us," he said as Percy ran to us in a fit of fury.

"Jason!" he shouted. "You son of a gorgon! How could you not tell me before!"

He looked at me and smiled. "Congratulations, you're getting married to an idiot. Have fun." And he tried to reach for Jason.

"Woah, woah," I said, slapping away Percy's hand, "what happened? Why are you angry?"

"Well, we made a deal that we'd both propose to our girlfriends on the same day," Percy said. "He didn't let me know!  How can I propose wearing this?"

Annabeth gasped.

"Well, the secret's out anyway," I said. "Get down on one knee or Wise Girl will kill you."

Percy paled as he realized that Annabeth had been there the whole time. He fell to both his knees. "I'm sorry, I should've told you-"

"Just propose, for gods' sake!" Annabeth said, her hands pressed to her mouth.

Percy rose to one knee and took out a velvet box and opened it. Inside was a silver ring with a blue stone. The sea. "Annabeth Chase, will you do the honor of marrying me?"

Everyone stood still, and silent.

"Yes!" Annabeth gasped, and she crouched down to hug Percy. Jason (who was he?) buried his face into my neck, smiling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When I woke up again, from the fainting episode, I was surrounded, and by surrounded, I mean choked by the sheer presence of the large number people who were just staring at me, almost mesmerized.

I remembered what had happened. But they were not ready to know the truth. Ares had said so. The time was yet to come, but it was so close that even I felt doubtful.

I rubbed my eyes. "What happened? Am I dead yet?" I asked, pretending to know nothing.

"You were saved," Reyya said, frowning. "Be grateful, demigod. Juno has stopped your death. You better be worth it."

She could act well. Reyna turned on her heel and went back to her chair. "Alexandra Marine, you may go back. The senate has other matters to discuss."

"As you wish, Praetor," I said, and grinning, I limped out of the senate house, feeling extremely tired and worn out. Terminus was still sobbing when I reached the border.

"I'm here to get my necklace back," I said. Julia, the ever so hyperactive kid ran up to me, smiling. I took the chain. "What happened to Terminus?"

Julia shrugged and hopped back to her place. I looked at the statue and sighed. "There, there," I said, patting the invisible shoulders of the statue. "Everything's gonna be alright."

Somehow, this seemed to have aggravated Terminus' pain, and he howled louder. I frowned and ran away from the spot.

I plopped onto my bed, and before I knew it, I was asleep.

That night at dinner, Reyna announced about the incoming attack by the giants. Sure, people panicked, but we'd be ready when they did come. And since the Romans had a goddess on their side to fight, I knew that we weren't going to lose. And so did Reyna. 

The next three days were spent building acres of fences and strengthening the guard towers.  Dakota and I cleared up the closed tunnels so that we could start the watchtowers and guard duties as well. Secret passages into the city were created, and Terminus extended his magical boundaries up to the temples. 

"They'll get the golden eagle back," I told Reyna. "Don't fear the war, it's for the greater good."

Reyna nodded as we stood in her tent. "You're right, my lady," she said. "Camp Jupiter will do its rightful part in this war. We will help the gods."

"Good. Also, please don't call me 'my lady'. I feel like cringing every time you do."

Reyna arched an eyebrow. "What can I call you then?"

"Well, my friends call me Alex."

Reyna blushed. "My lady-"

"Hmm, what did I just say?" I said, looking to the sky.

A moment of silence passed. "I am honored, Alex."

"Get ready for the war," I said. "You have a great role to play."

---------------------------------------------

I'm on a roll today- I've lost count of the chapters I've written up!