Chapter 132 - Alex - End of Week 1

"Hey, cheer up," Jason said, looking at the pumpkin juice with an expression of disgust. "At least it's Friday."

"I know it's Friday," I replied back, feeling extremely sick. "I haven't slept in days."

"So you get to sleep tomorrow," Percy added, trying to smile. Silence followed as I stared at him with a raised eyebrow.

"But then there's homework," the three of us said together, falling to the table in defeat.

"Cheer up, guys, it's Friday," Hermione said, coming in and sitting down.

"Already had that conversation," replied Percy.

"Been there, done that," Jason nodded. 

Harry plunged into the table drowsily and poked his eggs. "At least it's Friday," he muttered to himself. His baggy eyes were tired and red. Ron was jumping up and down rather nervously.

"It's tryouts today," Ron said, eating his breakfast.

I took a deep breath in. "It's Friday. One more day. That's all."

At five o'clock that evening we knocked on Professor Umbridge's office door for what I sincerely hoped would be the final time, and we were told to enter. To my surprise, the blank parchments weren't lying ready for us on the lace-covered table, with the pointed black quills beside them.

Instead, I saw Professor McGonagall, her face angry, staring at me with a piece of parchment in her hand. "There we are. Ms. Marine," she said, turning to me.

"Yes, Professor?" I asked. "Anything wrong?"

"Yes, there is," Minerva said. "I've heard some serious accusations from Professor Umbridge."

"Have you?" 

"I'd like to know whether they are true," Minerva continued.

"What are the accusations, again?" I asked, standing up straight. 

"Is it true that you told Professor Umbridge that she smells?" Minerva asked. Umbridge frowned at those words.

"Course not," I said. "Why would I tell that to her?"

Minerva turned. "See? She denies it."

"Of course she does," Umbridge smiled. "No student would knowingly admit to a crime."

I scoffed, "Crime?"

"Minerva," Umbridge said, eyeing me with threatening eyes, "I wouldn't like to waste my time. I suggest that you immediately suspend this girl from Hogwarts. At once."

 "Suspend?!" Minerva asked, shocked. "No student has ever been suspended for such a silly comment, Dolores. Surely, you would be aware-"

"Besides," I interrupted Minerva, "all I did was offer some advice."

"What?"

"I told her that her perfume was rather strong and that she should consider changing it to something like Chanel No. 5. Something simple, not too overpowering. I thought that it would compliment her- beautiful face."

Harry covered his laugh with a cough again.

I smirked. "I don't believe that's a felony, Professor McGonagall."

"Neither do I," Professor McGonagall said, almost smiling. "Dolores, do you have anything to say?"

Umbridge looked from Minerva to me to Minerva again. "No," she slumped in defeat.

"Very well then," Minerva said. "I'll leave you to your detention, then."

Two minutes after Minerva had left, Umbridge waved her wand at the desk, and the parchments and quills appeared.