Chapter 159 - Ariana - See Through The Mist

"Look, Tony," I said, pulling away from him, "I can't- I can't do this right now."

"What?" Tony asked, dumbstruck.

I ran a hand through my platinum blonde hair. "You're cute and all that-"

"Cute?!"

"But I've got something larger on my hands right now," I said, ignoring him. "I've got- I've got some work to do."

Tony titled his head, confused. "Work?"

"Yeah, like I said, my life doesn't revolve around you," I said, panicking. 

"Care to elaborate?"

"Yeah- well, it's bit of a long story."

"I've got time till-" he looked at his watch, "-five. Three hours must be enough."

"Wait, it's two?!"

"Yeah, course it's two, we spent half the time fighting," Tony shrugged.

"Oh man, Beth'll kill me for details," I muttered. 

"Who's Beth?"

"My sister- wait, what are you going to do after three hours?"

"Oh, save the world, maybe find James Barnes- try not to die," Tony grinned.

"That's-" I shook my head, narrowing my eyes. "What?"

"Yeah, that's a long story too, unfortunately," Tony said, "but to sum it up, James Barnes- winter soldier kinda made a mess out of a UN conference- gotta find him before he turns up again for the Avengers. What's your story?"

"Uh... I'm the daughter of the goddess Athena and my dad's a wizard so I can do magic, and I'm trying to save the world by working as a spy on the bad side?" I said quickly.

Tony chuckled. "Sure."

"Dude, I'm serious," I said. "That's who I brought along. Cecilia's my half sister from my dad's side. I've got around forty five more half siblings, thanks to Mom. And I'm clearly not biting my lip, so understand."

"I mean- Thor's real- but- prove it."

"Well, the magic part's easy," my eyes fell on the door. "But for the half god part, I'm going to need Alex."

"Alex?"

"She's a goddess on Earth here to live exactly one mortal life, yes," I said. "She's saved my life like fourteen times."

"Well prove the magic part first then," Tony said, his eyes filled with wonder.

"O-okay," I said, taking out my wand. "Um.. Avis!"

Tiny birds, all colorful, erupted from the tip of my wand, circling over my head. Some perched on his hair. 

"I think I don't like birds," Tony scowled.

"Wait until they poop on you," I chuckled. I waved my wand again, and they disappeared.

"Okay- I agree. Magic exists. But not gods," Tony said. "The philosophy behind God-"

"It's not God with a capital 'G' for gods' sakes," I rolled my eyes. "It's just gods. Like, nature spirits that protect."

"And you're a godling?"

"No. My dad was mortal, and my mom's Athena. So, I'm a half-blood. I have only the DNA of my dad. The gods have no DNA at all. You can ask Alexandra. She's a goddess turned mortal. She's the expert-"

The doors flew open. "Ariana, are you okay?"

I turned around to find Alex leading a group of five teens, all wands raised, along with weapons.