Chapter 133 - Percy - Breakfast

I opened the curtains around my bed to see the most incredibly infuriating sight of two people I hate very much intertwined between each other. 

"WILL THE TWO OF YOU EVER STOP?" I yelled at her.

Jason woke up with a start. "There's no cheesecake!" he said. 

I facepalmed so hard my face was red. 

Jason sat up straight, breathing deeply. "Just had the worst dream of my life. You, Alex, Annabeth and me were at dinner, and that satanic pumpkin juice was there too-"

"I don't even wanna know," I stopped him, grinning. "The problem here is- when did Alex get in?"

"Oh," his face became serious. "She came in at midnight and told me that she was having trouble sleeping." He looked at her. "She started to sleep only hours after she crashed on my bed."

"Why couldn't she sleep?" I asked, frowning.

Jason shrugged. "Told me she was getting vibes or something. Something bad's gonna happen or something. She was shivering all night." 

I stared at my sister. Her breathing was normal... but I could tell there was something off. Like- she wasn't telling me something- or she couldn't understand it herself.

"What's the time?" Jason yawned.

"Ten," I said. 

The sound of footsteps racing up the stairs was heard. "Jason! Percy!" Hermione exclaimed, entering the dorm. "Know where Alex is?"

"Who's asking?" I asked.

"Me," Hermione replied. "It's almost time for breakfast-"

"She's sleeping," Jason replied. "It's impossible to wake her up on Saturdays, just so you're aware."

I grinned. "Have you tried the blue cookies mechanism?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "Of course I did. Didn't budge."

I rubbed my palms. "Okay, then," I cleared my throat loudly, and did a wild impression of my mom shouting on the day after our eighteenth birthday. "ALEXANDRA MARINE! DID YOU CLEAR OUT ALL OF THE SEVEN LAYER DIP?"

Alex shuddered. "What?" she asked weakly.

"It works," Jason whispered, his eyes wide.

"I SAID, DID YOU CLEAR OUT ALL OF THE SEVEN LAYER DIP?" I repeated. 

She frowned, sitting up. "What do you mean, seven layer dip?" 

"THE SEVEN LAYER DIP!"

Her eyes sparkled. "No! Have you got any?" she jumped on the bed twice before realizing what had just happened. 

Jason broke into laughter. 

Before I could even open my mouth, Alex had pounced on me, strangling me with a pillow. "You- how dare you-"

"I can explain," I stuttered out, gasping for breath. 

"Of course you can- once you're dead."

"Jason!" I called for help. He was still laughing, the idiot. "He-help."

"Alright, alright," Jason said in between bouts of loud laughter. He pulled Alex by her arms and held her arms tightly around his. "That's enough, love."

Alex sneered at me. I massaged my throat. Of course she'd never harm me, but she didn't mind giving me anxiety once in a while. 

Hermione was just grinning when Alex finally decided to go back to her dorm and get change out of her pajamas.