Chapter 97 - Alex - A Nightmare

Something pushed me to a side. 

Even I don't know what it was.

But the next thing I knew was way worse. My normal dreams faded into darkness.

Before I knew it, I was flying at light-speed into the sky. 

The ozone vanished. 

Above me, the physical form of Ouranos placidly floated.

Gaea's domain, newly conquered only few years ago floated in the air, just below Ouranos.

And below her, Tartarus rumbled. Fires as high as mansions licked the ground. I could hear his laughter. 

And everything melted away into a large sphere- what we today know as Earth. 

The green vanished. Water was gone. Clouds were red and grey. 

"This is the future," a voice said in my head. "And only you can stop it."

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I am you and you are me," the voice replied. 

"And- who am I?"

Darkness covered my vision. Purple mist swirled magically around me. "You and I are one," a voice, loud and clear, said.

Memories rushed in my head. A woman in a green dress appeared out of nowhere. 

"Oh, how I wish for another!" she exclaimed in ancient Greek.

The sky appeared in space.

Everything that happened was in my memory. I could see Tartarus emerge, Pontus fall asleep forever, Ouranos' physical form being killed by Kronos- and so much more.

"We are forever," the voice said. 

I woke up with a jolt. 

Jason was shaking, his hands looking for mine. 

We weren't next to each other. 

Percy, Nico and I were sleeping next one another, and I realized that they were shaking too. 

Annabeth, Jason and Will were next to each other. All three of them were frowning, still asleep.

I shook Percy and Nico awake. 

Percy woke up with a jolt and hugged me. "Thanks," he whispered, shivering. "I saw-- him."

Him was always Tartarus.

"Go help Annabeth," I said. 

Nico was covered in cold sweat. He held my hand for two minutes straight as he took deep breaths. As soon as he saw Will, he sat up at once and crawled to him, trying to wake him up.

I took Jason's hand in mine and leaned against his shoulder. The effect was instantaneous. He stopped shaking. His face became calm, as though he was dreaming about unicorns and glitter and stuff.

"I was sleeping next to Annabeth yesterday," Percy said. "How'd we end up together?"

"If it was Sirius," Nico growled, "I will find his soul and send it to Hades for special punishment." 

All three of us nodded in agreement. We gently got up from the bed and headed downstairs, wand in hand. 

Downstairs was a mess.

The front porch was covered by suitcases the size of refrigerators. Seven pairs of slippers were arranged next to each other. 

Nico groaned. "More guests?"