Chapter 53 - Alex - Flight To CHB

At the place where the fire had burned away now stood a magnificent golden horse. My purple cape was missing. In fact, my whole fashion statement of toga over purple sweater was gone. Instead I was wearing an orange and blue armor, and instead of my orange shoes, I was wearing a pink and purple one, which might I add, was extremely cool.

The pegasus neighed loudly.

'Boss, you wanna go or not?' he asked, clearly too excited to just stand in one place. 

"Alright, alright," I said. "In a minute." 

The horse's golden fur gleamed in the sunlight. He flipped his silky mane which I'm sure would have attracted a lot of attention from other female pegasi, and I was pretty sure Scipio would have been jealous/attracted by the horse.

I put my hand on his head and pressed my nose to his. "Clearly, you need a name."

'Can I please not be named something idiotic like Happy?' the horse said, and I chuckled.

"I name you Ardens," I said, "the latin word for burning."

He neighed with joy and bounced happily away from my face.

"We'll leave in a minute or so, Ardens," I said, "stay here."

'As you say, boss,' the horse called back.

I turned to Reyna. "Praetor, I leave you in charge while I am gone. Take care of my people."

Reyna nodded. "My lady," she said, "can I have a word with you, if you wouldn't mind?"

"As you wish, Praetor. Walk with me."

Reyna rose from her position and joined me. Ardens followed us as we walked to the edge of the Line. Terminus seemed to be too angry to even speak.

"Are you sure of this, my lady?" Reyna asked.

"Do you doubt me, Reyna?" I asked back.

"N-no, of course not," Reyna stumbled. I snorted.

"Don't worry, I understand your doubts. I approved Percy's decision, but you think the Greek betrayed us. You probably do not trust my instincts."

Her face reddened. I smiled and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Believe me, Reyna. I knew what would happen, and so know what will happen. You have to trust me if you want New Rome well and good."

"Of course, my lady," Reyna said, straightening up.

"I have a job for you," I continued, "when I am gone, you will take a few Romans with you and go after Argo II."

"But you just said-" Reyna started, confused.

"I know what I said to everyone. I told no one must leave. But you will break that order. Only then, only then can Gaea be defeated."

Reyna nodded, still pretty confused.

I whistled, and Ardens came close. "We'll leave now," I told him.

The pegasus bent low and I got onto his back.

"And Reyna," I said.

She looked up at me.

"Trust the seven. They won't let Rome or Greece fall. Ready for take-off, Ardens."

The pegasus neighed loudly and spread his large wings. He ran at top speed and drifted smoothly above into the air.

"Camp Half Blood, here we come," I muttered under my breath as we flew.