Chapter 109 - Percy - A Dose of Enlightenment

It was nearly past midnight. The Weasleys were all asleep. We made sure of that much. The kids were snoring, and the portraits were still, in a dramatic slumber.

Six twenty-year-olds stood around Bill.

Alex had just done the one thing I'd promised Bill we wouldn't do to him.

"Dam clear sighted mortal," Alex sighed. "I can't get the Mist to work on him."

Bill lay on the floor, unconscious. It was an extremely good thing that Molly didn't come looking for him. Alex had bewitched the house well enough to make everyone forget about us and Bill for the time-being.

"I don't think it was a good idea to use the blunt side of your trident to knock him out," I said, scratching my head. "He's gonna remember that."

"Well, it was the only idea I did have," Alex defended herself. "I was scared he'd kill us or something. Demigod reflexes, you know."

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked impatiently. "He knows!"

Will seemed to be thinking. "My analysis of Bill is that he's rather logical. And trustworthy."

"You're not suggesting-" Annabeth began.

"It might be the only way," Nico said, nodding. "We're going to have to keep a little faith in these guys if we're going to help them."

"We can't kill him, can we?" Alex asked, pouting. "Get rid of him? Do the whole forgetfulness spell thing we can't perform really well? It's worth a shot."

"No suicidal or serial killer thoughts," Jason warned.

"No suicidal or serial killer thoughts," Alex repeated after him, still pouting. "But even if he dies, he'll go to the Underworld. It's not really-"

"I said, no," Jason said again.

"Alright," Alex said. "Then we go with Will's plan. We trust Bill."

"So if Bill kills us all," Nico said, smirking, "it's all going to be on Will?"

"Yeah."

Will's face paled. "Hey- No- maybe we can reconsider-"

Nico grinned, "I've always waited for an opportunity like this. Not so confident now about our plans, are we, Head Counsellor?"

Alex smiled. "Alright, I'll wake him up. Where is his wand?"

"With me," Annabeth said, pointing at the miniature wand that was in her hand. "Took the liberty of making it small so it'd fit my pocket."

"Dam," Alex remarked. "I should remember that."

"Alright, wake him up," I said, Riptide ready in my pocket along with my wand.

Alex waved her hand. A glob of water floated from the jug in our room and stopped above Bill. "Full on collision in five.. four.. three... two... one."

The water splashed down on Bill's face. He woke up with a jolt. 

"Hey man," Jason said, his hands in his pockets. "How you feeling?"

Will put a palm to Bill's neck. "Pulse is fine. Blood pressure-" he took Bill's palm in his, "-rising."

Bill stared at Will in shock as the latter did a reading of his health. "Blood sugar- normal. I suppose he's just in shock. That's all."

And without warning, Bill's arm went through the air, quick as lightning, and as it was just about to collide with Will's face-

"Don't even think about it, pal," Will said, his palm holding Bill's clenched fist. "I've dealt with patients worse than you. I'll suggest a night's good rest will be just fine."

"Along with a medium dose of enlightenment, I suppose," I said, smiling as Will let go of Bill. 

Bill got to his feet as quickly as a rat and his fists clenched, he took an offensive stance, ready to attack. 

"Woah, woah," Jason said, as though talking to a mean teen wind spirit that had used its first cuss word. "Okay, there."

"Bill," Annabeth said, "think logically. We're six people. You're just one and you don't even have a wand. We don't want to hurt you. But if you try to hurt us, we will certainly defend ourselves."

Bill just stared at us, his stance and determination fixed. "Who the hell are you?"

"Look," Nico said, "we just want to talk."

 "Bill," Jason said softly, "I need you to relax." His voice flowed through the air like honey. 

Bill took a deep breath in, as though he was being controlled by Jason.

"Take a deep breath in," Jason continued. "Close your eyes and feel yourself drown in the calm. See? Even I'm going to do it."

He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath in. Bill followed. 

"As you relax, you can listen to only one voice," Jason said, "and you will focus, completely on my voice."

Bill's offensive stance dropped at once. 

"Take him to the sofa and make him sit," Jason ordered. 

No less than two seconds later, Bill was seated on the sofa, his face calm and relaxed. He kind of looked like a saint. 

"I want you to understand," Jason started, "that none of us are here to hurt you."

Bill nodded, as though he understood our position.

"We are here to help Harry Potter and the Wizarding World," Jason said. "And I understand you find it hard to believe, but it is the truth."

When Bill didn't nod back, Jason frowned.

"We are not just wizards, Bill. Our strengths do not just lie in magic, but in our wisdom of fighting with weapons and strategy as well. That is why we were chosen by a few higher beings to protect wizards."

"He is not convinced," Alex said, frowning, "He still has questions."

"Then what do we do?" I asked.

"We wake him up from the trance," Annabeth said seriously. 

Jason nodded. He cleared his throat. "I want you to slowly open your eyes, Bill. I want you to remain calm, and yet, remain you."

Bill did exactly as he was told. When he stood up again, he seemed a new man, almost cooler than I remembered him to be. 

"I still have questions," Bill said, strangely calm.

"Then ask," Nico said.

"So are you not wizards? Are you not from the Olympia line?"

"We are," Alex answered, "but we are rather more powerful than just wizards because of our lineage. All wizards have the blood of Olympia in them. We just happen to have a more direct connection with the family line."

"And who are these 'higher beings?'"

"That's confidential," Will said. "We'll let you know when the time comes."

"But you were all sixteen year olds-"

"Alex can control time," I said.

"Instead of passing someone through time, like sending them back in time, you just have to pass time through them," Alex explained. "It's simple enough when you get a hang of it."

Bill just stared at Alex for two minutes. 

"Look," Alex said, "fine." She closed her eyes and spread her arms. Green smoke came out from her palms, and entwined itself around our bodies.

Before I'd blinked, I was back to being sixteen.

__________________________________________