Chapter 103 - Jason - Chaos at the Kitchen

As we entered the kitchen, I saw a young man, probably around 24 or so. He had long hair, which he had tied up into a ponytail and a sick sense of fashion. Like seriously, he wore a cool dragon fang earing on his ear. But one thing I could make out really easily-- he was a Weasley.

Before I knew it, Alex went up to him and fist-bumped the guy. "Hey Bill."

"How you doing, kid?" the guy asked.

Alex's jaw visibly clenched, and I chuckled. "Not a kid, dude. Seriously."

Bill put his hands up, smirking. "Alright, sorry, blood of Olympia."

Alex smiled. "Idiot." She punched his arm tight and went to table, helping him clear off the parchment on it. Bill rubbed his arm, and I could see why. Alex was good with punching people.

Bill rolled up his sleeves hastily, and rolled up the lengths of parchment on the table. "Can't let the others see this, can we?" he muttered.

I went to the table and helped him roll up the parchment.

"Journey all right, Harry?" Bill called, trying to gather up twelve scrolls at once. "Mad-Eye didn't make you come via Greenland, then?"

"He tried," said Tonks, striding over to help Bill and immediately toppling a candle on to the last piece of parchment. "Oh no--sorry--"

"Here, dear," said Molly, sounding exasperated, and she repaired the parchment with a wave of her wand. She snatched the plan off the table and stuffed it into Bill's already overladen arms.

"This sort of thing ought to be cleared away promptly at the end of meetings," she snapped, before sweeping off towards a dresser from which she started unloading dinner plates.

Instinctively, Bill dumped all the scrolls in Alex's arms, which were incidentally also overladen with scrolls.  

He took out his wand, muttered, "Evanesce!" and the scrolls vanished. "I've got great skill, haven't I?" he asked Alex.

"Yeah, I'm just glad you didn't make my arms disappear as well," Alex said, rolling her eyes. 

"Sit down, Jason. Harry," said Sirius, "you've met Mundungus, haven't you?"

The pile of rags on a chair gave a prolonged, grunting snore, then jerked awake. Mundungus Fletcher. 

"Some'n say m'name?" Mundungus mumbled sleepily. "I agree with Sirius...." He raised a very grubby hand in the air as though voting, his droopy, bloodshot eyes unfocused.

Ginny giggled. 

"The meeting's over, Dung," said Sirius, as we all sat down. "Harry's arrived."

"Eh?" said Mundungus, peering bale fully at Harry through his matted ginger hair. "Blimey, so 'e 'as. Yeah....you all right, 'arry?"

I sighed. It was extremely difficult to get the British accent by itself. But this guy....

"Yeah," said Harry.

Mundungus fumbled nervously in his pockets, still staring at Harry, and pulled out a grimy black pipe. He stuck it in his mouth, ignited the end of it with his wand and took a deep pull on it. Great billowing clouds of greenish smoke obscured him within seconds.

"Owe you a 'pology," grunted a voice from the middle of the smelly cloud.

"For the last time, Mundungus," called Molly, "will you please not smoke that thing in the kitchen, especially not when we're about to eat!"

"How about you don't smoke it at all?" I asked. 

"It's  not good for your health," Will added, nodding. "And for others. The potential dangers of smoking include-"