Chapter 68 - Percy - The War With The Earth, Part 2

The Sassiest Jackson speaks on the show tonight.

As soon as they'd taken flight, Alex turned to face Madam Fake Dirt Face.

 And this time, she seemed prepared. 

In her hand, she held this big wooden bowl. 

Her trident changed into a long sword, and she charged at full speed. The armies that were fighting stopped to see what was happening.

Gaia closed her eyes, and in her hand appeared a long scythe. And then she opened her eyes right on time to find Alex almost there, her sword raised to strike.

CLANG!

The sound resonated through the battlefield as the scythe met the sword. Waves of fear and power washed through the whole place. Weak monsters crumbled down into yellow dust. I fell to my knees, feeling extremely dazed.

Alex and Gaia were glowering at each other with an extraordinary fury in each other's eyes. 

And then- CLANG!

Gaia swiped at Alex, and she blocked her with extreme force. 

I didn't know how much longer she'd be able to hold. She had spent weeks using her energy for controlling the fire, helping me and the gods, and here she was, without even a morsel of food, fighting against the Earth Goddess. 

And it's not easy fighting with a bowl in hand either.

Alex took a step back, and then charged again. The ground trembled under her power. Her clear blue eyes burned with fire. Gaia looked at her for a moment in shock.

This time, she found her mark. Fake Gaia's left arm fell off in a weird and not so nice to see way. I flinched. 

Before it could fall to the ground, however, Alex kicked it high into the air. The arm flew so high, I thought it might go MIA. A few drops of ichor fell down from the sky.

Alex sprinted quickly, as though she was running through time and caught each and every single drop of ichor. 

Before I knew it, she had charged at Gaia again. Gaia fought back, albeit with some difficulty. 

Like I said, fighting with one hand is not easy. 

We've got special training sessions for those who are interested in one hand fighting, however. If you're one of those rare gems on Earth willing to try out, call Camp Half Blood at- (OUCH! Okay, alright, alright. Sorry.)   

You'll know where to find us, demigods. 

Anyway, back to the battle.

Alex's energy seemed to reduce by the moment. With every strike, she took a step back, gasped for breath, and then charged again.

Above, Piper, Jason and Leo screamed insults at the other Gaia.

Reyna seemed to have noticed Alex slowing down as well. She bent down, picked up a rock, and when Alex stopped to breath, she threw it at Fake Gaia.

"Come on Alex!" the praetor shouted. "Remember your promise to the world!"

Alex straightened up and took a deep breath. 

In her eyes burned a new fire, and with a deafening roar of anger, she charged one last time at Gaea and sliced her head right off her body. 

The two parts disintegrated into yellow dust. Alex's figure glowed golden. She stamped her foot on the ground, and her the ground opened up where monsters stood, and they tumbled into the never-ending underground and into Tartarus.