Chapter 38 - Alex - Dreams Or Memories?

The darkness faded away. In a forest clearing stood three men and three women, all looking much in grandeur, and young enough to be less than 25 but more than 18. The clearing overlooked the shore, and salty breeze sprayed on my face.

Oh, I thought. Dream time.

"Poseidon!" A man roared, and with a flick of his hand, he conjured a master lightning bolt and aimed at another man I could only assume to be Poseidon. The bolt left it's blue eyed master and zapped towards the jet black haired man whose back was turned away from it.

My eyes widened in shock. I got ready to leap in front of the man when-

He ducked right on time. 

The bolt hit a tree and zapped back to it's master, who looked pretty disappointed. "Bad luck, I say," he told himself. Poseidon turned around, his hands on his hips. He looked angry. A trident hung on his back, and it was glowing.

"Not funny, Zeus," a woman wearing green and gold robes said, her hands tangled in bushes and shrubs. Her blonde hair stuck out like dried wheat. "I don't think a fried Poseidon will be of any use to us. Besides, he is our brother, not a toy!"

"Sorry, sorry, Demeter," Zeus said, grinning and scratching his head. "Maybe I'll just electrocute him next time then."

Demeter huffed and turned away, tending to the plants on her arms.

Then I realized. THESE GUYS WERE GODS.

I blinked several times until the realization finally settled in.

There was Hestia, poking the fire calmly, but I knew that if she got angry she'd probably make her fires eat the earth. And then there was Hera, her long hair braided into a bun, and she looked ready for war, and she was having a deep conversation with Hades (who carried a Stygian iron sword that seemed too heavy for him) about sending Titans to the Underworld.

"Guys," called Zeus, probably feeling proactive. "Look what I can do!"

He punched his lightning bolt into the air, and lightning crackled above. He threw his fist down toward the ground, and the lightning followed, leaving a burning scar on the grass. Zeus looked down at it in pride, his face glowing.

"Is that all?" Poseidon asked, chuckling, after a moment. "I can do way better."

Poseidon slung off his trident coolly, spinned it twice, and plunged it into the ground. In an instant, the water in the seas began to roar and cracks appeared on the scar where Zeus' lightning had touched. The ground shook like it was Tartarus, and split into a large crack, and water oozed out. Poseidon took out his trident wordlessly, and slung it back onto his back, his face expression saying 'I'm the boss.'

Next Demeter came forward. She laughed at Zeus' and Poseidon's powers and closed her eyes in full concentration. She held out her hand, and plants grew tall and strong in all directions, and tied themselves to make a small tower. Poseidon protested he could build the same with sand and grumbled when the others disapproved the idea.

Next came Hera, and she, with a single slice of her sword, cut down all the plants that Demeter had grown within half a second. Literally, I couldn't even see her swing the sword. One moment she was holding it with plants in front of her and the next the plants were gone, and Hera stood in a glowing golden form with a large smirk on her face.

"Told ya the women can do much better," she said, and walked away.

Zeus turned cherry red, and wind began to blow in our direction. Plants flew right through my face because I wasn't actually there, but every other god except Zeus struggled.

Hestia, who had been sitting around, poking her fire, turned, her eyes red. "Will you stop it?" she asked calmly. When Zeus' embarrassment episode didn't end, she looked away back into her fire, her eyes closed.

Everything that flew in the air crumbled to ash and fell to the ground. The plants, leaves, roots, everything. It was all black dust. A few leaves glowed red like burning embers, turning to ash slowly.

The wind stopped abruptly. Everyone around Hestia swallowed. I could see them all making a mental note to not go against her.

And then came Hades, dragging his big Stygian Iron Sword with both his hands. With much effort, he plunged it into the earth. Poseidon and Zeus were trying their best not to laugh at their brother's victorious sword movement. Hades smirked.

A moment later, the ground split open. Layers of earth fell in, and darkness consumed the cracks that once had been burned by Zeus. Poseidon realized that his mouth was open and closed it. I looked into the hole. It went straight into Tartarus. A woman with a whip worked around, bossing thousands of Cyclopes. A river of Fire ran right below the hole. I stared in shock. Real, burning lava.

The hole still continued to lengthen below Tartarus. It became so long that all I was able to see by the time the dust settled was just darkness. Hades was grinning in pleasure. He stumbled backward, the sword still in his hand and fell onto Poseidon.

"Ow!" Poseidon yelped in pain. A golden drop of ichor oozed from his arm as Hades' Iron blade made contact with the sea god's skin. Poseidon held onto Hades with his left hand and shook his right vigorously. I would never have done that.

A moment later, the pit that Hades had made closed.

"You need a new sword, Hades," said Demeter.

"Perhaps once we win," Hades said tiredly.

"And I tell you that the day comes closer by the minute!" Zeus roared, and Poseidon closed his ears, scowling. "When I take over Olympus-"

"Whoa, whoa, hold on," started Hera. "What do you mean 'you' take over Olympus?"

"I meant-"

But Zeus' words were drowned away as the Earth rumbled furiously. Wind blew around them, and the waves in the sea rose to gigantic heights. Fires sprung up in the forest but did not burn the trees. The grass and trees swayed from side to side, as though about to fall to their knees as the large pit Hades had made opened once more.

A floating ball of energy rose up. It was red in color, and blue and gold at the same time. I was actually rather astounded. I hadn't heard of any story like this.

The ball spun in the same place so rapidly, almost as though it was a bomb waiting to explode.

And then it did.

Time froze for a moment as the First Olympians watched in shock as a young woman in her 20s appeared high above before them. She had blue gray eyes, long black hair and cherry red lips. Her hair was tied into a long elegant braid and a beautiful pendant with a purple gem hung from her neck.

My necklace, I thought. That's my necklace.

Her gold breastplate reflected the sun, and a single blue carving shone. It showed the First Olympians in a clearing, showcasing their powers.

Netted steel hung in over her arms as sleeves, and blue bronze plates shined at her elbows and upper arms. Daggers of all size hung from the belts. The armor I had been wearing when I'd talked with Ares.

This was me.

-------------------------------------------