Chapter 88 - Alex - Rematch

Believe me when I say; the camp hadn't changed a bit.

It was still absolutely wonderful, the smell of food filled the air, the woods whispered unknown prophecies in the darkness, and of course, Dionysus still sat by the Big House, grumbling about his cruel fate.

Percy and I, seeing that Chiron wasn't just there yet, deicided to sneak off to our old Cabin.

It was just the same way as it had been when we left it. The blankets were not tidied up. The pillows were completely unstuffed, just as it had been after we'd had a pillow fight. Only two beds were there. One for me. One for Percy.

Two Minotaur horns gleamed side by side.

A picture of Clarisse, Annabeth, Percy and I was framed on the wall.

The book that Percy had gotten from Annabeth on his birthday was covered in dust, completely untouched.

"You never actually read it," I remarked, dusting the book and taking it in my hand.

"What'd you expect?" Percy asked, grinning. "It has no pictures."

I smiled and sat down on the bed. I ran my palm through the ancient sheets. They were warm and comfortable. The sea crashed against the Cabin joyfully.

"I'd totally still live here," Percy said.

"Yeah."

We watched out of the backdoor that led to the sea for a minute.

Finally, Percy got up. He pulled out Riptide.

"Rematch for the time we fought and none of us ever won," he said.

I stood up with a smirk on my face. "You're on."

We rushed outside to the battle arena. I brought out my trident.

"Ready?"

The new kids that we'd never seen before stared in shock.

"Ready," Percy declared.

CLANG!

The sword got caught in the fork of the trident. Both of us withdrew at once.

"Still sharp," Percy remarked, smiling.

"Let's see about that," I said, striking against him.

Percy stepped forward, slashing his sword threateningly. I stretched my leg out, and he tripped.

"Yes!" I gasped, letting go of my defense.

But Percy was good. He balanced himself pretty quickly. And before I knew it, he was attacking me.

I ducked right before the sword sliced my neck.

I hit Percy's knee with the dull side of the trident. He lost control and started to fall.

I kicked the sword from his hand and pointed the trident to his neck.

He raised his hands in surrender. I smiled, adjusting my grip on the trident.

"Number two rule of fighting," Percy said. He reached down swiftly and pulled a dagger from my belt, and put it to my throat. "Never let go of your defense."

"Good one," I said. "But my trident is still ready to strike."

"And my dagger is too."

Someone clapped from a distance.

We turned around, letting our weapons go. A middle aged man with thinning brown hair, bushy eyebrows, intense brown eyes, a scruffy beard and- the body of a horse stood with a large grin on his face. Annabeth and Jason stood by his side, also wearing huge grins on their faces.