Chapter 164 - Percy - Chaos Starts

"Hello, Fred," Alex greeted the teen as we entered the Common Room again. Harry rushed up to the dorm, and the three of us sat down next to the twins. "How about some quid pro quo dealing?"

"Dealing in what?" George asked. 

"In pranks," Jason smirked.

"What's the occasion?"

I quickly told the twins about what had happened at Dumbledore's office. 

"Wow," Fred breathed. 

"Now Hogwarts is a free country," Alex smiled. "Wanna get out of here with a bang?"

"What's the deal?" George asked, his eyes sparkling with delight.

"You prank, we clear the case," Alex said. "We hide you better, we make sure no one remembers anything about you being involved until such a time you're ready to reveal yourself."

"And how would you do that?"

Alex grinned. "See Lavender Brown there?"

"Yeah, what about her?" Fred asked.

"Well, what if I convinced her that she hasn't completed her Divination homework- which she is just rolling up and stuffing into her bag?"

"You can't do that," George scoffed. 

"Sure I can," Alex said, her eyes twinkling. "Hey, Lavender!"

The girl turned to Alex, confused. "What?"

"You haven't finished your Divination homework!"

Alex snapped her fingers. Lavender's face went blank for an instant. 

And then, Lavender began to panic. "Oh, no- Firenze will kill me!"

She took out a fresh roll of parchment, and writing the very same thing that she had finished writing.

"Bonus point," Alex said, snapping her fingers again, "you can check her bag, and you'll find no parchment on Divination."

Fred shut his mouth closed, in shock. "How did you do that?"

"Magicians never reveal their secrets."

The bacon and eggs were not bad. They were still slightly bland, but hey, at least there was bacon. Maybe the soup would be good too. I was thinking about lunch as we made back from Herbology when-

"Look at that-" Alex pointed in shock. "Inquisitorial Squad can dock off points."

"I just watched Malfoy take some from Granger, Potter and Macmillan."

Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had been neck and neck in the lead that morning. Even as I watched, stones flew upwards, reducing the amounts in the lower bulbs. In fact, the only glass that seemed unchanged was the emerald-filled one of Slytherin.

"Noticed, have you?" said Fred's voice.

He and George had just come down the marble staircase and joined Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ernie in front of the hour-glasses.

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously, as we watched several more stones fly upwards from the Gryffindor hour-glass.

"Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break," said George.

"What do you mean, 'tried'?" said Ron quickly.

"He never managed to get all the words out," said Fred, smiling knowingly at Alex, "due to the fact that we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."

Hermione looked very shocked.

"But you'll get into terrible trouble!"

"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him," said Fred coolly. "Anyway... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble any more."