Chapter 113 - Alex - A Drink With Old Friends

"You're sure you'll be alright?" Sirius asked us for the hundredth time as we pulled our scarves on. "I could always-"

"No need, Sirius," Will said. "We're just going out. We'll be back before you know it."

"Besides," Bill said, "I'm going with them. What's the worst that could happen?"

Sirius pouted. "Still..."

"Oh come on, man," Percy said, "soon enough you'll be out too and we can all go on walks together."

Sirius only pouted even more in reply.

I chuckled. "Alright then, we'll see you," I said, opening the door. Cold air burst into my face. 

"Bye," Sirius whispered, still pouting.

"He really needs to understand," Nico said as we walked down the pavement, our hands stuffed into our pockets. "No wonder his Animagus is a dog."

We turned around the corner, and Bill gasped. "You need to let me know whenever you do you magic! I was frightened for a moment," he said, rubbing his temples.

"Sorry," I said. "I'll do that next time."

"Hey, and thanks, by the way," said Annabeth, now a twenty year old. "We really need this time off. We still have a couple of things to-- discuss."

"Nah, it's cool," Bill said, waving his hand. "Don't mention it."

He paused a moment. "Besides, I've wanted to ask you something too."

"Mhmm?" Jason asked, trying to keep his mouth shut. It really was cold.

"Blood of Olympia, huh?" Bill said. I could almost hear his smirk as I turned around. 

"Yeah," Percy said, "problem with that?"

"Nothing," Bill said, a smug smile on his face, "except it's more 'Olympus' than 'Olympia', right-"

Nico put his hand over Bill's mouth. "Shut up." He put a finger to his lips. He turned around, as though looking for something. "Too many people."

A shiver passed through my spine. I turned around. Although still one of the warmer months in London, fog swirled around us. My teeth began to chatter. I could almost feel being back at-- 

"The House of Night," I muttered. 

I turned around, to see Percy, Jason, Nico, Annabeth and Will staring into the fog, hoping for something. Bill was squinting his eyes.

A growl erupted from the end of the street. I didn't need to turn around to know what it was.

"RUN!" I yelled at once. 

They didn't protest. 

Bill lead the way, running in front of us through the streets. "Next corner, and we should be safe!" he exclaimed, after three minutes of constant running.

We came to a stop, panting for breath. I held onto Jason for support. "That was close."

"What was that?" Percy asked.

"Oh, don't mention them," I said, "I don't want to--"

Annabeth's eyes went wide. The sound of beating wings filled the air. Percy threw off the cap of his pen. Riptide glowed into being. Jason's gladius was shining, side by side with Annabeth's metal dagger. Nico's Iron sword gleamed. Will had already readied an arrow on his bow. 

I pulled at my pendant. Stormbringer danced into my hands gracefully. I turned around, ready to face my worst enemy ever yet.

"Alexandra," came the voice.