Chapter 142 - Percy - The Hog's Head

Weeks had passed since the 'Irene' thing had happened. I'd stopped having dreams about Tartarus. I had to use all of my willpower to not change my relationship with Alex. In fact, one time, I had to literally laugh at her trip and fall down even though I was afraid she'd burn me to the ground. 

Things only smoothed down at least two weeks later, when Alex finally confronted me and harassed me into believing her to be my sister. I believe she called me an 'old sot' in the process. She didn't even know what it meant.

Hogsmeade weekend was arriving fast. Snape had given us a long list of ingredients to buy, and Professor McGonagall had asked us to join her extra 'credit' classes after the visit. 

I sighed. "The fact that we can't even have fun on weekends-"

"Sucks a lot to be us," Alex nodded.

"Alex! Percy!" Hermione bumped into us, almost making me fall. Hermione blushed, "Sorry."

"What happened, Hermione?" I asked.

"Make it quick too, please," Alex sighed. "Potions was exhausting."

"Right," Hermione picked at her sleeve, grinning. "Remember the conversation we had with Harry about him teaching Defence?"

I had to think back to the day once more. "Guess so, yeah," I replied, frowning.

"Well, he agreed!" Hermione exclaimed, jumping up and down now.

"Good for you, Hermes," Alex yawned. "Just the two of you, yeah? Ron and you."

Again, Hermione blushed for some reason, "Look, Ron and I have been sounding out people who we thought might want to learn some proper Defence Against the Dark Arts, and there are a couple who seem interested. We've told them to meet us in Hogsmeade."

"Okay-?"

"And I was wondering whether the two of you would be interested."

I blinked. "Dude."

"Look at us," Alex supplied, "do we look like we've had enough sleep to even go to classes?"

Hermione blushed even more red. 

"I would love to join," I said, smiling, "but I don't think we'll have the time for extra student led lessons after extra Transfiguration, Potions and Charms."

"It's not our fault we're so freaking good at everything," Alex smirked. "But we'll attend the first meeting, though."

I nodded. "We'll be there for our best friend, Harry."

Hermione nodded, grinning. "I understand. Thank you so much. Harry will be very happy indeed."

"No worries," Alex winked. She sighed. "Charms extra- gotta go."

The morning of the Hogsmeade visit dawned bright but windy. After breakfast we queued up in front of Filch, who matched our names to the long list of students who had permission from their parents or guardian to visit the village. 

When Harry reached Filch, the caretaker gave a great sniff as though trying to detect a whiff of something from Harry. Then he gave a curt nod that set his jowls aquiver again and Harry walked on, out on to the stone steps and the cold, sunlit day.

We were all taking the break that we sorely needed. I kissed Annabeth's forehead. "I don't think I've seen you all week!"

Annabeth grinned. "Happens when we're all taking extra classes at different times."

Nico yawned. "I would still rather go back to my dorm and sleep."

"Agreed," Alex nodded.

"Aw, come on," Jason laughed, "don't tell me you're not enjoying this!"