Chapter 116 - Alex - An Old Comrade

I woke up with a start. 

Jason shifted, hugging me tight.

I sighed. Just a dream, then.

Or a memory, a voice said in my brain. Also, cheeseburgers?

Shut up, I said to myself.

My brain refused to shut up. 

I took a deep breath to not kill myself and then got up. Walking on my tiptoes, I sneaked downstairs to the kitchen and took out my wand. 

"Lumos," I muttered. The tip of the wand lit up dull enough for me to see. I walked to the pantry, hoping to catch a glimpse of maybe something like a three minute mac and cheese. I glanced at the clock. It was nearly midnight. Perhaps I shouldn't have skipped dinner.

Unfortunately, all that the Black household had was water, Oreos, a packet of some standard crips, milk and lots of uncooked vegetables and meat. I settled just for the Oreos and crisps.

I turned around, my wand back to not being a torch in my back pocket, and made my way back to the dining room when-

"Ow!" came a voice as I bumped into someone. The packet of crisps flew out of my hand and down onto the ground. I had to thank Zeus because I hadn't opened it yet.

"Percy?" I asked, shocked.

"Alex?" Percy asked back, also in shock. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was. And then I got hungry." 

"Same."

"But you ate dinner..."

"Doesn't matter. What have you got?"

"Oreos, milk, packet of crisps. All that's there in the pantry."

Percy sighed. "That's sad, that is."

"Tell me about it," I said, walking to the dining table with him. "Jason and I always stocked up on Oreos and Pringles. Not to forget emergency chocolate."

I pulled out the chair carefully and sat down. "So," I said.

"So," Percy replied back.

"What are you doing up now?" I asked. "You were fast asleep and snoring when I last saw you. You didn't just happen to feel hungry and wake up."

Percy stayed quiet. It was hard to make out his reaction in the dark.

"Bad dreams, huh?" I asked, opening the Oreos. 

Finally, he took a deep breath. "Yeah."

"Not Tartar Sauce."

"No," he said sadly. "Just the normal kind of visions."

"Oh man, those suck even more."

"I know."

"What happened?"

"I don't know, Alex. Past few days, I've been seeing-"

"Wait," I said. My ears perked up. Between the sound of the rain lashing outside the house, I heard a slight whisper. "Do you- did you-"

"That's not normal," Percy said, getting up. "It seems like..."

"Living room," I said, standing up, a hand on my pendant and the other on my wand. "Plan 3944BC."

Plan 3944BC was one of those color coded defensive plans that Percy and I had decided on should we ever be in danger or something. Every plan we made had a number, and the number was always based on a hex code for some shade of blue. 3944BC happened to be one of our oldest.