Chapter 140 - Percy - Defense Lessons

"Two bottles of perfect, painless Skele-Gro!" Alex exclaimed as we entered the Common Room at around midnight. 

Hermione smiled. "Good job."

The two of us crashed onto the armchair. "Also, new world record," I said, grinning, "Snape gave us ten points."

"What?" Jason exclaimed.

"Each," Alex grinned wider. "Ten points each." 

"Impossible," Ron whispered. "You're bloody insane, the two of you."

I laughed. "It was a real shocker for us too."

"Where's Harry?" Alex asked. "Still at detention?"

Hermione nodded. "We were just waiting up for you three."

"He's not back yet?" I asked, concerned. "That Umbridge woman.... I'll split her skull open one day."

"There'll be no Athena inside, I can say that much," Jason said. Ron threw us a confused look as we began laughing. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ron asked.

"Have you never heard the story of Athena?" Hermione asked.

"What?"

The portrait door opened once more, half an hour later, and Harry struggled in. His palm was wrapped around an extremely blood red scarf. He smiled at us weakly, and sat down on the armchair.

"Here," Hermione said anxiously, pushing the small bowl of yellow liquid to him, "soak your hand in that, it's a solution of strained and pickled Murtlap tentacles, it should help."

Harry placed his bleeding, aching hand into the bowl and sighed, relieved. Crookshanks leapt into his lap from Alex's and settled down.

"Thanks," he said gratefully, scratching behind Crookshanks's ears with his left hand.

"Thank Percy and Alex," Hermione said, making me blush. "They got it for you from the dungeons."

Harry nodded at Alex. "I owe you another one, Alex. And Percy, thanks a lot."

"No worries, man," I replied, patting Harry on the back.

"I still reckon you should complain about this," said Ron in a low voice.

"No," said Harry flatly.

"McGonagall would go nuts if she knew--"

"Yeah, she probably would," said Harry dully. "And how long do you reckon it'd take Umbridge to pass another decree saying anyone who complains about the High Inquisitor gets sacked immediately?"

Ron opened his mouth to retort but nothing came out and, after a moment, he closed it again, defeated.

"She's an awful woman," said Hermione in a small voice. "Awful. You know, I was just saying to Ron when you came in... we've got to do something about her."

"I suggested poison," said Ron grimly.

"No... I mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is, and how we're not going to learn any Defense from her at all," said Hermione.

"Well, what can we do about that?" said Ron, yawning. "'S too late, isn't it? She's got the job, she's here to stay. Fudge'll make sure of that."

"Well," said Hermione tentatively. 'You know, I was thinking today..." she shot a slightly nervous look at Harry and then plunged on, "I was thinking that-- maybe the time's come when we should just--just do it ourselves."

"Do what ourselves?" said Harry suspiciously, still floating his hand in the essence of Murtlap tentacles.

"Wait," Alex said, smirking. "I think I've just realized what's happening."

The Forgotten Olympian |BOOK 1| PJO X HP | Alexandra MarineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara