Chapter 55 - Alex - CHB Can Stand On It's Own Legs

Camp Half Blood was a mess the whole of next week.

Chiron was gone.

Okay, that was dramatic.

Chiron was gone to get the Party Ponies.

Rachel Dare was sent for. And Grover Underwood had messaged us that he will be back in a few days.

Ares Cabin took two hours of extra classes everyday. Apollo Cabin taught basic medical stuff to everyone at night during the normal sing along time. Arrows flew to their targets all day around. Metal clanged against metal. Cabin Nine had come up with three new cannons. The Mist was stronger than ever.

I paced around the Camp, making sure everything went well. Rachel was my best assistant.

"We're out of straw dummies," Rachel informed me.

"Then I suppose it's time we start human to human combat. Better experience, if you ask me," I said.

"I'm sure Clarisse would like that."

"We need more training hours, not Greek Classes," I said, looking at the clipboard Rachel had given me. "No more Greek Classes, or History until the war's done."

"Alright."

"We need better armor."

"Cabin Nine is working on that."

"You need protection too, Rachel. Tell Hecate Cabin to work on protecting the Oracle's Cave. If the war starts when you're here-"

"I'll always have a few hairbrushes at the ready," Rachel retorted, smirking.

"Yes, girl," I said, fist bumping my friend. 

"Hairbrushes rule!" we chorused together.

Clarisse coughed loudly from a few meters away and rolled her eyes. Rachel and I snickered and turned back to work.

"In a serious turn of events, the Aphrodite kids have started to work even harder. Ares Cabin reports that the Aphrodite Cabin stays around even after their two hours of extra," Rachel said.

"I'm sure it's all Piper's good work. I heard she motivated her members a lot," I said. "We should appreciate them at the fire tonight."

"I was just about to suggest that."

"Cool. That's that I guess. Now, if you won't mind, I think Clarisse hasn't got  partner to fight with."

"Alright, see ya later," Rachel said and walked away.

I turned around and pulled my pendant. The trident emerged, glowing.

"Hey Clarisse!" I called. The Ares head counsellor turned with a scowl on her face. "Think you got it in you to face me?"

"Just wait until I break your bones, miss princess," Clarisse called back, dragging her spear along with her.

"That's right, we'll see," I replied, smirking. 

Clarisse raised her spear to attack. I dodged on time as she slashed. 

"Ha! Nice try, blondie," I yelled as I blocked her attack. 

Clarisse glowered at me. She brought the spear down with force. I caught it with the fork of my trident and twisted it. The spear flew into the air behind me. Clarisse was completely shocked. I took out a dagger and held it next to her throat.

"White flag?" I asked, knowing that Clarisse would never actually use the word 'surrender.'

Clarisse sighed. "White flag," she muttered.