Chapter 91 - Percy - Day 1

Kreacher cursed out a few very A-rated words in front of us.

Alex coughed. "So, what say you? Will you work for the Blacks?"

He bowed, "Kreacher lives to serve the House of Black."

"Well then," said Alex, "please give us some time alone, Creature."

"The young master doesn't even know Kreacher's name!" the thing said angrily, still bowing.

"It's Kreacher, not Creature," Annabeth whispered.

"I see no difference- oh, alright, Kreacher. Leave us alone, please," Alex amended her statement.

"And don't you dare eavesdrop!" I shouted for good measure.

"Let's clean up this place first," Nico said. "And then we can go to that place. Something- Leaky- something."

"Leaky Cauldron, Diagonally," Alex said.

"Diagon Alley, idiot," I said.

"That's exactly what I said!"

"No. You said Diagonally."

Alex groaned. "Whatever."

The inside of the house wasn't better. The paint on the ceilings had cracked. The wallpaper was peeling away. The chimneys were covered with cobwebs and dust instead of soot. Cracked dinnerware decorated the shelves. Cockroaches and other bugs crawled the shelves. The couches' colors had faded away into blackness. Chairs were upturned and broken. Photo frames of dead people hung lopsided. 

"It must've been nice," Alex said. "Once upon a time."

"Probably before dinosaurs," Annabeth said. She rolled up her sleeves. "Let's clean up this room!"

Alex and Jason waved their arms. Dust rose into the air. Windows flew open. The curtains parted away to make space as the dust flew out. 

Annabeth pointed to me. "Alex, turn on the water taps. Percy, clean the carpets."

I groaned. "I always get the hard job."

Alex smirked at me. She closed her eyes in concentration and thrust her hand forward. The sound of all the taps in the house opening was heard over the house.

"The taps are rusty," Nico said. "I'll go and work on making them normal. Son of Hades, got a thing for metals."

"Good," Annabeth said. Jason and Alex went on to the next room. 

"Will, please get to the other rooms with Alex and Jason. They'll need light," Annabeth commanded. 

Will nodded and left. 

"What about you?" I asked Annabeth. 

"Me?" Annabeth said, "I'm going to work on getting rid of all the pests here."

She turned and headed for the door. "Oh," she said. "Don't forget to wash the carpets with soap, alright?"

"WHAT?"

"Yeah. I'll also place an order for new furniture," she said, showing off a lotus hotel and casino card.

Within the next two hours, a new change had come over the house. Paint was completely removed from the ceiling. Wallpaper was ripped off completely. Old furniture had been properly disposed of. A plain yet better-looking house was now in view. 

Annabeth smiled happily. "This is exactly how I imagined it. It'll be perfect when the furniture comes."

"Good," Alex said. "But first, let's go have something to eat. I'm starving."