Chapter 124 - Alex - Practice

"How are your dorms, then?" Annabeth asked as we met each other right outside the Great Hall. It was 12.00.

"Lovely," I replied. "Sharing the dorm with Hermione, Lavender, Parvati and Ginny. They seem nice. And by nice, I mean they didn't talk a single word to me."

"Mine was totally the opposite," Jason said.

"Jason and I were just getting into the dorm," Percy said, "and Harry Potter had already gotten himself into a fight with one of his dorm mates. Didn't even get the chance to introduce ourselves."

"So much shouting," Jason rolled his eyes.

"The other Ravenclaws were pretty okay," Annabeth said. "Really intrusive though. I told them I tend to sleepwalk at night so that they won't follow me out as I came out."

"Good idea, I should do that too," I said, whistling. 

"Hufflepuffs are totally chill, man," Will said. 

"They stayed away from me just as I told them to," Nico grinned.

"Good people."

"Wish I was in Hufflepuff," I said.

"That hat actually considered me for Hufflepuff," Percy pouted.

"Why exactly are we here again?" Jason yawned. He put his arm over my shoulder, signifying how much taller he was than me. He smirked.

"Oh, shut up," I said, slapping his hand away. "We're here because we need a place to practice spells and... warcraft?"

"Yes," Annabeth said. "But we can't do it here. I was talking to Severus just before we left for Hogwarts. He told me the Quidditch stadium's pretty huge... and kind of like an arena."

"What exactly did you ask him to get that answer?" Percy asked.

"A magician never reveals her secrets," Annabeth shrugged.

"How do we get there, though?" Nico asked.

"Not to worry," Jason said. "I bargained with the twins. Got a map of Hogwarts already."

"What-" I started, staring at him. "You're amazing."

"I know I'm amazing, you don't have to let me know it every time I'm doing something amazing, Mrs. Grace."

"I see you're in the mood for getting a scar on your face from my sis, Grace," Nico said, smiling.

"Ah, no, she loves me too much to do that."

"I'm considering it, you know," I said, trying my best to remain serious.

We found our way to the great pitch of grass after half an hour. I glanced at my watch. 12.45.

"Ready for a rematch?" Jason asked at once, removing his gladius from his pocket. "Dark mode version."

I smiled. "You bet I am." I pulled my pendant, and the little purple stone elongated into a large sword. "This time we're going on same weapons, so you better lose, Ozone Brain."

"You wish, Kelp Head."

We prowled around each other in the dark, not taking our eyes off the other. I focused on his shadowy figure in the moonlight. I could hear Annabeth grunt in anger as she fought against Percy, and Will's glow almost brightened the whole pitch.

Finally, after two minutes of just staring into each other's eyes, we went into battle. Jason's gladius almost sliced through everything like knife through smooth butter, except my trident. 

"Mowing the grass, are we?" I smirked. Jason glared at me.

He brought down his sword forcefully just in time for me to hold him back with mine. The metal was almost close to my neck. I pushed with all my strength, but he had the advantage of being taller. My advantage, however, was way more stronger.