Chapter 11 | The Nightmares

❀The beauty that sorrowed all the sore afflictions❀

The beauty that sorrowed all the sore afflictions

🥀•Chapter Eleven•🥀

Y/N couldn't sleep peacefully because she kept having disturbing nightmares. This used to be a normal thing for her when she was alone before marrying Jeon Jungkook. When Jungkook was with her, the nightmares would go away, and she would enjoy peaceful dreams. But tonight was different. Jungkook was not there, and his absence made her feel even more upset.

Lying in bed in the dark, Y/N looked at the empty space beside her where Jungkook usually slept. She felt a deep sadness in her heart and couldn't help but whisper, "I miss him." Her normally warm hazel eyes were now sad. She was used to holding hands with him as they slept, finding comfort in their physical connection.

Driven by a strong desire to feel him close, Y/N reached out and grabbed Jungkook's pillow, pulling it close to her chest. She pressed her face into the fabric and took a deep breath, hoping to capture his scent. The smell of the pillow reminded her of his unique scent mixed with the freshness of mint. With her eyes closed, she softly whispered, as if talking to an imaginary Jungkook, "It smells just like him."

Holding the pillow brought her a bittersweet sense of calm, giving her a brief break from her restless thoughts. But it was only a temporary comfort, nothing compared to the warmth of Jungkook's embrace. So, with a heavy heart, she let herself fall asleep, seeking refuge in her dreams.

In her deep sleep, Y/N murmured a wistful declaration of her longing, "I miss you, Jeon Jungkook," her voice revealing her vulnerability. And as she waited, caught between being awake and asleep, she held onto the hope that Jungkook's mission would end soon and he would come back to her, her beloved husband from the mafia.

❀        ❃        ❀        ❃        ❀       ❃        ❀       ❃

Jungkook's laughter erupted in the shady room as he locked eyes with one of his rivals who had foolishly aimed a gun at him, convinced of his victory and the capture of his nemesis.

Michael, grew increasingly troubled by Jungkook's nonchalant demeanor. "What's so amusing, Jeon?" he demanded, his voice laced with frustration.

"You know, Michael, even the people I encountered back in university were smarter than you," Jungkook scoffed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes in disbelief.

The man was taken aback. "What do you mean?" he questioned, his tone betraying a hint of uncertainty. Jungkook took a moment to savor the tension before responding coolly, "Remember one thing about me, Michael: I, Jeon Jungkook never listens to anyone."

Jungkook swiftly kicked away the gun that had been menacingly pointed at him. Simultaneously, his loyal men burst into the room, their guns blazing as they neutralized the guards.