Chapter 40 | A cavern of bats

❀The clash of dominant gazes and the whispered hiss of a simmering conflict— Foretelling the storm❀

The clash of dominant gazes and the whispered hiss of a simmering conflict— Foretelling the storm

🥀•Chapter Forty•🥀

Jungkook stood before the mirror, his eyes empty as he prepared himself for the party. While everyone else was excited, he felt different. Today, he had made a decision he had always feared: to let their dark past emerge.

It was time to bring back the past.

He never imagined he would allow that particular darkness into his life. But now, he knew he had to. It wasn't just about his father, mother, or sister anymore. It was also about the girl he had promised to protect until his last breath.

Driven by his deep love for her, he was willing to do whatever it took. He was certain he wouldn't regret it because he aimed to heal his wife's broken soul. He couldn't bear to see Y/N suffer any longer. And the person responsible for her pain would pay for everything.

The powerful mafia King was determined to bring punishment upon the one who had hurt his queen in the past and still posed a threat in the present. His reflection in the mirror seemed to reflect his resolve. He looked into his own eyes, speaking with a venomous tone.

"I will make sure everyone knows their place," Jungkook said, his voice filled with determination. "They need to understand that Jeon Y/N is my beauty, and I, her beast, will go to any lengths to love and shield her."

🌷  •   💫   •  🌷  •  💫  • 🌷  •  💫  •  🌷  •  💫

"Alright, everyone, listen up," Juliet clapped her hands, capturing everyone's attention. "The guests will be arriving soon, but we need to act like this is just a regular party, not Jungkook's birthday bash. Got it?"

Hoseok playfully chuckled and wrapped his arms around Juliet, teasingly remarking, "Babe, this is the third time you've reminded us. Don't worry everything will go good and smooth."

"I don't want anyone to spoil my brother's special day." Juliet pouted, expressing her genuine concern for ensuring a flawless celebration.

"We understand, Julie," Taehyung chimed in, flashing his signature boxy smile, assuring her that they were on the same page.

Amidst the bustle of organizing the venue and adorning it with Yoongi's meticulously chosen flowers, Aurora found herself seated at the bar counter.

A gentle smile adorned her face as she observed her friends, their joy evident in every action. They had celebrated Jungkook's birthday together for years, but this year, they had crafted a surprise that held an even deeper significance, filling the air with anticipation and meaning.