Chapter 27 | Tainted Love

❀A malevolent poison, seeping into her soul, corrupting every fiber of her being and staining all it touched❀

A malevolent poison, seeping into her soul, corrupting every fiber of her being and staining all it touched

🥀•Chapter Twenty-Seven•🥀

The busy city of Busan was filled with excitement as the wedding of mafia princess Jeon Juliet approached. Although the exact dates were not yet set, the matchmaking process was completed, and preparations for the engagement party were in full swing.

Amidst the joyous celebrations, the criminal world remained hidden and mysterious, much like it always had. The mafia king faced numerous challenges, but he handled them with confidence and control, as expected of his position.

After his honeymoon, Jungkook found himself overwhelmed with work. He tirelessly dealt with details of weapon shipments, analyzed financial reports, and attended endless business meetings, mirroring the never-ending tasks of Seoul city.

His thirst for power as the mafia king was slowly satisfied, and he became more focused on seeking revenge against his betrayers and protecting his throne and his wife from enemies.

This cycle of challenges and responsibilities continued without respite.

However, Jungkook's longing for his wife burned strongly, like the blossoms in her flower shop where they had last seen each other on Valentine's Day. Their love for each other had grown so intense that they couldn't bear to be apart even for a moment. They had become deeply attached to one another, their desire for each other's touch consuming their lives.

Engaging in passionate lovemaking had become an essential part of their daily routine. Whether it was morning, noon, or night, they would always find themselves entwined in each other's arms. It was a thrilling exercise for them to express their love and desire, and to find comfort and connection amidst the chaos that surrounded them.

Jungkook stood by the floor-to-ceiling windows in his bedroom, holding a cup of coffee. He looked out at the bustling city of Busan, observing the busy people and the cars driving to work in the early morning. However, his mind was consumed by one thing he deeply despised: Black Iris.

The name had become a source of annoyance for him. He had an unexplained longing to uncover the hidden identity of this mysterious person. Jungkook had always been a man of control, even from a young age when he used to play playful pranks on people passing by.

But now, he held the power in his hands. Everyone around him respected and obeyed him, even those who had no idea he was the heir of the Jeon family during his high school days. Only Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, and Jung Aurora knew the truth because they were close to him.