Special Chapter: Perfidious Beauty

🥀•Jungkook Perspective•🥀

There was one thing I was taught when I became the mafia king, this was something I heard my father shouting growing up.

"Under the mafia king's protection, we thrive"

Something my father used to yell out loud in his mafia king voice to his associates when they were going for some war or mission for our circle.

The connotation behind this slogan was; the power of the Mafia King to protect his people and ensure their prosperity.

Something Jeon Empire has stuck to for hundreds of years in this mafia circle.

Whenever I saw my father's duties I knew I wasn't made for those, so I never intended on becoming the mafia king for the Jeon Empire. I fancied my carefree life over being trapped in the responsibilities of other people.

Everything in my life was going normal, I was just a rebel boy pranking people and messing with the goons of the streets, picking up on fights, and never for once having my heart captured by anyone - Even if the rumors kept saying I was gay, I wasn't, it was just that no girl ever could draw my attention to her.

Then I saw her.

My Rose Beauty.

Her alluring beauty captured my heart in a manner that there was no chance of coming out of her sweet web.

From the moment I saw her, I knew there was something special about her, I had no idea why but when I saw her I just couldn't divert my gaze to anyone else. She was different from anyone I had ever known, and I found myself falling deeply in love with her.

I started seeing her everywhere, in my imagination in my dreams; My rose beauty was messing with my sane heart.

I was so deep in love with Lin Y/N that I knew I had to make her my bride. And she was what made me change my mind. In exchange to get married to a girl out of the mafia circle, I had to agree in becoming the new mafia king for the Jeon Empire.

"Under the mafia king's protection, we thrive"

This was the same slogan I yelled out loud in front of my mafia circle when I was announced as the new mafia king of the Jeon Empire next to me stood my bride; the new mafia queen for the Jeon Empire. It was also the day our marriage was announced to the mafia circle.

My duties were the ones I always intended on running away from. I was supposed to protect my bride, my family, and my people from all the deadly possible dangers.

One of the dangers was her.

The Black Iris.

This wasn't the beautiful flower we were talking about. This was the cruel perilous assassin that the whole of Busan city feared.