Chapter 33 | Blossoms of beauty

❀Passion ignited like a wildfire, consuming them in a tempestuous embrace that defied all reason - Intertwined souls❀

Passion ignited like a wildfire, consuming them in a tempestuous embrace that defied all reason - Intertwined souls

🥀•Chapter Thirty-Three•🥀

The following days unfolded in a monotonous haze, as Jungkook, the formidable mafia king, immersed himself in his work, his days consumed by the relentless demands of his position.

Meanwhile, Y/N found herself confined within the walls of the opulent palace, forbidden from setting foot in the headquarters where her presence once commanded respect. The lack of trust that now permeated their relationship cast a suffocating shadow over their every interaction.

For Jungkook, the decision to keep his distance from his wife served as a shield against the searing pain of betrayal. He believed that distancing himself would grant him the necessary time to come to terms with her secret, to steel his resolve before facing her amidst the chaos of their dangerous world.

The threat of an enemy from their past, hell-bent on reaching Y/N to exact revenge, only intensified his determination to keep her safely sheltered within the confines of the palace.

Seated upon his throne, the embodiment of power and authority, Jungkook was engrossed in his duties when a knock disrupted the air of his sanctum.

"Come in," he commanded, his voice carrying a stern edge. One of his trusted subordinates entered, bowing respectfully before approaching the mafia King's throne, placing a laptop before him.

"Sir Jeon," the man began, his voice tinged with apprehension, "there is something you need to know."

Jungkook's eyebrows arched in silent inquiry, his gaze locked onto the subordinate, bracing himself for the information that was about to unfold.

With trembling hands, the subordinate pressed play, and the screen illuminated with a news channel broadcasting a scandalous rumor.

"The forbidden affair," the news anchor declared, "the bride of the Jeons and the current mafia queen, was found cozying up with the mafia king's childhood friend. Sources say that the affair has been ongoing for a while. What will the underworld's reaction be? Will the king break the law of not divorcing your spouse and divorce his cheating queen? Stay tuned to learn more."

Jungkook closed his eyes, a sharp exhale escaping his lips as he battled the tumultuous storm of emotions churning within him.

Opening his eyes again, he stared at the images displayed on the screen—Y/N and the shirtless Taehyung locked in an embrace in his bedroom, captured from outside Taehyung's mansion by an unknown observer. The weight of betrayal settled heavily upon his heart.

"Send Kim Taehyung to my office," Jungkook's voice resonated with an unwavering resolve.

As Jungkook continued to study the damning photographs, the door swung open without a courtesy knock, and Taehyung, his best friend and confidant, entered the room.