Chapter 42 | White Beauty's Dark Beast

❀She illuminates the darkness and leaves him in awe of her ethereal splendor❀

She illuminates the darkness and leaves him in awe of her ethereal splendor

🌹•Chapter Forty-Two•🌹

The car came to a halt as he turned to glance at the girl, her cheek resting against the cold glass of the car while her longing eyes looked outside.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked as they stood at the door of the Jung mansion. "Aurora?" he called, shaking her gently, causing her to flinch at the sudden touch.

"Huh?" she muttered, looking around and realizing they had arrived at her house. She sighed and gently rubbed her aching forehead. "Are you good?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she breathed.

She gathered her purse and mobile phone, crouching down to put her high heels back on.

"You don't seem fine. Ever since you saw Jihun, you've been acting weird," he remarked.

Aurora turned to glare at Jimin. "Oh, so you know me well?" she challenged, glaring at him. "How long have we known each other again? Just five hours ago," she taunted.

"We've known each other since childhood, Aurora," Jimin retorted. "Remember when you used to go crazy for Jungkook? Always wanting him to notice you?" He chuckled but quickly realized his words may have hurt her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to rub it in your face," he whispered.

However, Aurora found no amusement in his words. "Sure, I may have chased after someone I loved and desperately wanted to be noticed by, but you? You had a habit of bullying people to make yourself look cool and grab attention," she shot back, her words laced with venom.

"I'm sorry, Aurora, I didn't mean to—"

But she cut him off. "Stay away from me, Jimin. Consider this a warning," she said, pointing her finger at him.

"I don't even know why I accepted your help" Aurora groaned as she opened the car door and stepped out, Jimin followed suit.

"Oh, then what about the boyfriend drama you had caused in front of the entire mafia circle?" she stopped in her tracks and turned to face him, locking eyes with him. Their intense gazes seemed to challenge each other.

Jimin walked toward Aurora until they were standing face to face. "I am Jung Aurora, Jimin," she retorted confidently. "I can pull off another breakup drama tomorrow, and people will still be infatuated with me. I'm known as a beautiful and powerful mafia heiress." She smirked and raised an eyebrow, daring him to challenge her.