Chapter 47 | Heart full of her

❀Still, she stands, with a beauty so rare,A rose in bloom, beyond compare❀

Still, she stands, with a beauty so rare,
A rose in bloom, beyond compare

🌹•Chapter Forty-Seven•🌹

It was a typical day when Mr. Jeon entered the Jung mansion, receiving respectful bows from the maids along his way to the main hall.

"Is Aurora here?" he inquired, and the maid nodded, confirming, "Yes, Master Jeon. The young madam is inside."

"Where is Hoseok and Mr. Jung?" he asked further. "They went out for lunch with their business partners," the maid replied, and Mr. Jeon nodded in understanding.

He slid open the door to the drawing room and spotted Aurora standing up as soon as she saw him. She hurriedly rushed over to embrace him tightly, her voice broken as she mumbled, "Uncle Jeon."

"He's back. Y-you promised he would never return, so why is he here?" she sobbed, clinging to him.

"Shh... Aurora, relax. I know I promised that Jihun wouldn't come back from Seoul, but Jungkook is the one who brought him back," he explained, patting her back gently.

"I had no idea about it daughter."

Aurora stepped back, sniffing and wiping her nose. "U-uncle, what if Jihun tells Dad about the past? About the baby? My dignity, my family's name, my honor—everything will be tarnished," she mumbled, sniffling.

"You know I'm not that kind of person. He forced me, he took my virginity against my will," she burst into tears, overwhelmed by her emotions.

"He promised marriage to me but he later denied it" she wailed.

Mr. Jeon shook his head and guided Aurora to sit on the couch. He poured a glass of water from a nearby jar and handed it to her, urging her to drink.

"You don't need to overthink about any of it Aurora," he said in a serious tone.

"Remember what I told you. As long as I'm alive, Jihun won't harm you or cause any more damage than what has already been done. Trust me on this, Aurora," Mr. Jeon spoke calmly and softly, echoing the reassurance he had given her eight years ago.

"Aurora, what's wrong? Why are you shaking like this? Is everything fine my child?" Mr. Jeon asked, gently holding the girl's face. They were in his private office at the palace while the girl kept crying for so many minutes, her hiccups were nonstop, and her tears kept flowing out of her red swollen eyes.

"I-I need to tell you something, Uncle Jeon, some-something really really important Uncle Jeon" she mumbled, sobbing uncontrollably.