Chapter 1

The Opportunity 

"This Sunday at Survivor Series I will prove once again why I'm still the baddest," Ronda Rousey said, slamming the mic onto the mat and raising her Smackdown women's championship into the air. The crowd was mixed on her right now some cheered, some booed.

I watched on from the monitor in gorilla and waited for my music to hit. I was supposed to be the heel and Ronda the babyface. But I felt I was gaining momentum, I had one title opportunity in the three years I've been here but I wasn't ready then. Now however, I had grown as a performer and a character more so in the last three months since joining The Bloodline. It's given me the edge and the drive to go for the dreams I'd had since wrestling came into my life at eight years old. I'd been going alone my whole life but when The Bloodline angle came up, I hesitated at first but the Usos and Roman Reigns were on board and reassured me this would be great and they'd have my back, especially Roman.

3 months ago

I'd been off television for two months with a hand injury and getting ready for a comeback. I had been feeling stuck and needed a different turn with my character and career. I had a feeling if I didn't find what clicked with me, I wouldn't last much longer. A few weeks before my return I had a meeting with creative. I'd been on Raw for the last two years but they asked me to come to Friday Night Smackdown since it was only a few hours from my house. Part of me was nervous, because I was worried, I'd be cut, or given crappy matches with no story lines. I was due for my meeting at the arena at 10:30am so it'd be a long day since I'd plan on being there to watch the show for the night.

Once arriving I mingled with some of the stars who were already there and the crew before following the signs to creative. I sat down outside the door along the wall of seats, for I'm sure would be full by the time I'd come out of my meeting. After five minutes of waiting around the door opened and I was asked to come in. Five others were inside including Triple H and Paul Heyman.

"Hey Briar come in, have a seat," Hunter said. I took a seat at the table and waiting for them to go on.

"We talked in the hospital after your injury about taking a different approach with your character and we came with something totally 360 from where you are now," Hunter said.

"Alright, I'm listening," I said.

"We want you to join The Bloodline," he said. I froze, I didn't know what my face looked like but shock waved through my whole body. I for sure didn't see that coming. They all stared at me waiting for a response. I didn't even know where to start with the questions. The Bloodline? Me?

"I don't understand. You want to me to join The Bloodline? Last, I checked I was a white girl from South Dakota. Not Samoan or blood so how exactly does that work?"

"We think the dynamic of having a female in The Bloodline will just level up and bring more of a compelling element to the group. We've been planning this for a while we were just thinking of who would be the best fit."

"Why not Naomi or Nia they are blood or married to blood? I'm not looking to be a manager either," I added.

"Nia doesn't plan on coming back and we want someone who would fit in closer with Roman. We definitely don't want you to be a manager for them they already have Paul. You will be an equal and it doesn't matter you aren't family."

"A lot of names were tossed around and when Roman mentioned your name it was a done deal no one questioned it," Paul said.

"Roman?" I questioned. "He agrees to this and the rest of them do?"

"Of course, they all agreed. Besides Sami isn't blood either but look as long as you act like family, believe you are family, then the audience will believe it. In fact, I believe they are going to love it. This will change your image and I believe send your career skyrocketing to the top," Paul said trying to be as convincing as only Paul Heyman could be.