Chapter 56.5

The Calm Before the Storm

It wasn't long before the next segment was Byron Saxton doing a sit-down interview with Rhea and Dominik. I slid to the edge of the couch and gave the TV my full attention. Saxton starts off by asking Rhea about what happened at Elimination Chamber against Beth and Edge.

"The last thing I'm going to say about Beth Phoenix is after we went toe to toe, she admitted that I was the real deal. Right now, I'm not thinking about Elimination Chamber that's in the past. I'm fully focused on WrestleMania," Rhea said. Saxton tried again to bring up Edge and Beth but Dominik stopped him and said they were done talking about that.

"Alright then, let's talk about your WrestleMania opponent. The Smackdown Women's Champion Brair Wild," Saxton said and everyone in the room turned to look at me briefly before back to the TV. "Just like you have the Judgement Day behind your back Briar has the entire Bloodline behind hers. Now ever since she returned last August on Smackdown Briar has completely one eighty her career. She's taken down big names like Charlotte Flair, Rhonda Rousey, and just this past weekend Shayna Baszler. How do you think you fair against what some are now calling the most dangerous woman in WWE," he said. I kept a neutral face but I was grinning like a Cheshire cat on the inside. Only a year and a half ago I was the laughing stock of the locker room now I was the most dangerous woman. Rhea smirked about that before she spoke.

"Look I give Briar some credit, she's completely changed her approach and mind set but let's not forget when she made that debut on Smackdown she did it at my expense and I haven't forgotten it. I also haven't forgotten how not that long ago she again came up behind me and suplexed me on the ramp," she said. "Brair it'll be a different game when you can't jump me from behind and you face, your biggest obstacle to date, me. Open your eyes sweetheart and see what everyone else sees, I'm the best bloody woman here in the WWE. As far as you being the most dangerous, they should be calling you the most injury prone. It seems you can't go one match without being on the injured list in some way."

"Soon you guys will be face to face again what can we expect to see?" Saxton asked.

"You'll have to watch to find out," she said then looked at the camera. "Brair you better get your priorities straighten out because I'm one hundred percent focused on you and that championship can you say the same thing? Or are you too distracted by The Bloodline, by Sami Zayn, by Roman Reigns because any distraction you have automatically puts me one step closer to taking that title from you," she warned then another smirk appeared on her face as the segment ended. The commentary team talked a minute then went to commercial. The room was quiet as everyone digested her words.

"Well, what are you going to do about that, dangerous one?" Jacob asked. I took my eyes off the TV finally and looked in his direction. Everyone was waiting for my response.

"As per usual something Wild," I answered and half the room broke out in Yeet chants and cheers. Roman cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him and he gave me a look. "Oh, alright we are going to meet in the ring, respectfully shake hands, wish the other good luck, and have no issues until the bell rings at WrestleMania," I said so Roman felt better about the whole situation. I grinned at him and he couldn't help but grin back and the whole room busted a gut.

"Damn this great we for sure need to get together more often, now that we are in the presence of the dangerous one." Zilla said. I looked back to Roman as he watched me with curious eyes.

"Been an interesting show so far are you ready to hear what Cody has to say?" I asked him. he sat up and put his hand on my lower back.

"I'm expecting nothing less then what Rhea said to you," he answered. I noticed then that Paul had disappeared.