Chapter 66

Smackdown 3/10/23

A Reminder and For Bray

Happy Royal Rumble Day!

Every time I include Bray in a chapter, I get emotional about it so sorry if I do that to the rest of you. I always thought Bray was an important factor in the Roman Reigns version he is now so it seemed right to make him an important factor in Briar's journey as well.

I was a little upset but not surprised when during our meeting to go over plans for Smackdown that Roman said he wasn't going to be making an appearance on the show tonight. He didn't want to take away from The Usos, Solo, and me for our plans. As Paul had to pause to take a phone call Roman assured me, he'd be fine again on the bus watching the rest of us be awesome on TV. Paul's face seemed to have taken on a change as he hung up the phone.

"I was just asked if The Bloodline could fill a few more spots in the show tomorrow night. Briar, they want you to do a segment in the back with Adam Pearce asking for your match. They also want The Uso's to do an arriving to the building scene and greeted by me," he said and in an almost upset tone.

"That's fine with me," I said and the twins also nodded in agreement but we all stared at Paul.

"What is it?" Roman finally asked. "Why the sudden fills they have to pull something?" Paul with a somber look nodded yes.

"Bobby Lashley vs. Bray Wyatt has been pulled from WrestleMania therefore their segment for the show has been scratched," he said.

"Why?" I didn't hesitate to ask not understanding why that's happening.

"Well Bray Wyatt has covid and he's not doing to good," Paul said and for some reason his words were having a hard time sinking into me. The bus was silent as everyone seemed to be affected by that statement in the same way I was.

"But he's going to be fine right? Covid's been hard on a lot of people but Bray will fight through it right?" I asked waiting for someone to easy the weight that now seemed to push down on my chest.

"Of course, he will Bray Wyatt can fight through anything," Roman said.

"But it must be pretty bad if they are pulling him and the entire match from WrestleMania," Jimmy spoke up and Roman snapped his head to glare at Jimmy who looked to Roman then to me.

"I mean...ummmm...he'll be fine, I'm sure everything is just a precaution you know how WWE likes to go overboard and protect the talent. He'll be back before you know it," Jimmy said trying to make this terrible news positive. Paul quickly got everyone's attention back as we went over new plans for the added-on segments. I was only half listening because all I could think of was Bray. It was only three days ago we were texting and talking about doing some segments together, maybe even him getting another chance at Roman for his title. After our meeting I excused myself to go use the bathroom. In the bathroom in mine and Roman's room I sat down on the lid of the toilet as I didn't really need to go and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I pulled my messages up clicking on my conversation with Bray. I re-read over the last few messages we'd sent to each other. Then not knowing if I'd get a response back, I messaged him.

'I just heard you were sick, I'm so sorry about everything. I hope you get better soon. If you need anything or if I can do something let me know.'

For the next minute and a half, I sat there staring at my phone. I wasn't really expecting anything in return and just as I went to give up my phone beeped. My heart raced as I went to open the message.