Chapter 27

Unforgettable Day

*Trigger warning: At the end of this chapter, it briefly mentions overdosing and suicide.

I decided gifts rather it's giving or gifting to someone was too emotional. I was glad this was the last gift. I stood next to the chair Roman was in facing the rest of the room as they all watched on. I unwrapped the paper to reveal a black leather box. I opened the box peaking inside, when I saw what it was, I closed it quickly. Roman looked up at me. I smirked down at him.

"You did not," I said.

"You said you wanted it, right?" he questioned back.

"I guess I did," I answered. I opened the box again. A black chained necklace with RR in capital letters in red hung from the end of the necklace. I ran my hand down it before turning it around so everyone could see it. The twins started laughing, even Solo Smirked. Lynda said it was pretty but she was confused about everyone's reaction. So, I told her the story about how a few weeks ago when Jimmy had asked me and Roman what was going on. He wanted to know if we were together or what the deal was, what he should call our relationship. I answered his question in a form of a song and played Taylor swift's Call It What You Want and it had a line in there about wanting to wear his initials on a chain round my neck.

"Can you play the song?" Lynda asked.

"What now?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I haven't heard the song before I want to know where it was all coming from," she insisted. The guys chimed in telling me to play it. Next to the TV I have a small music station. I found the CD the song was on and put it into the CD player. I turned back to Roman.

"Wait you have to stay there and sing it," Jimmy said.

"Are you kidding me?" I questioned.

"Please do it and say what you said last time before you played it," Jey encouraged. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I sighed. Roman leaned back in the chair his left foot resting on top of his right. His fingers folded together resting on top of his chest. I could see the spark in his eyes, he was going to enjoy this.

"From the beginning from before I joined the group to now," I said then turned back to the CD player and hit play. I wasn't the greatest singer but I could hold my own singing along with a song. I looked to Lynda and her smile faded when I sung the first verse because if anyone understood what that verse meant it was her.

My castle crumbled overnight
I brought a knife to a gunfight
They took the crown but it's alright
All the liars are calling me one
Nobody's heard from me for months
I'm doing better than I ever was

Lynda nodded in understanding as I sung the chorus to the whole room.

'Cause
My baby's fit like a daydream
Walking with his head down
I'm the one he's walking to
So call it what you want, yeah
Call it what you want to
My baby's fly like a jet stream
High above the whole scene
Loves me like I'm brand new
So call it what you want, yeah
Call it what you want to

All my flowers grew back as thorns
Windows boarded up after the storm
He built a fire just to keep me warm

I turned to Roman to sing the next part and looked at him like I'd never looked at anybody before.

All the drama queens taking swings
All the jokers dressing up as kings
They fade to nothing when I look at him
And I know I make the same mistakes every time
Bridges burn, I never learn
At least I did one thing right
I did one thing right
I'm laughing with my lover
Making forts under covers
Trust him like a brother
Yeah, you know I did one thing right
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night