Chapter 50.5

Making A Change

A light hearted chapter before it gets intense again, enjoy!

I don't think I put in ages for everyone I did change them slightly

Roman, Jey, and Jimmy are 34

Solo is his current age at 30

Brair is 28

"What can your parole officer do for you?" he asked.

"Julia's friend that run's a hair salon here in Montreal is closing her shop early tomorrow afternoon so we can go hang out there, have like a girl's day. It'd be Julia, two of her workers, me, Deb and Deb's sister. They thought I could spend sometime doing something relaxing," I said. "Plus, Julia's sister is a big fan of mine they've been waiting for us to come to Montreal so she could meet me," I explained.

"I see," he said and I could see him thinking it over.

"The place is only a few miles down the road from here and they'd have the place locked up once we got there," I added hoping this would help.

"Okay, Wednesday is basically the only day we don't have anything going on," he said and I was surprised.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, but only under two conditions," he said and my heart deflated a little. "First, two security guards will go with you."

"Okay, no problem."

"And Solo," he added and I felt anxious again.

"Please don't make him do that Chief. He's always got to stand by for so many things for me don't make him spend the afternoon in a hair salon watching a bunch of girls get their hair and nails done. I agreed to the two security guards that should be good enough," I begged. I really didn't want to do this to Solo.

"No Solo, no salon," he said.

"But Chief..."

"That's my finally word Briar, no negotiations," he sternly said cutting me off. My shoulder's sag and my head fell. His big hand patted the top of my head. "I'm sorry Wildfire but I know what's best, with two big shows ahead of us in a city that isn't for us I have to make the right calls here," he said. He ran his hand through my hair then left the room. I understood where Roman was coming from but I was starting to feel like I needed breathing room because I wasn't in control of anything. I needed some sense of control big or small. I just needed to have a say in something.

A few hours later after dinner I asked Solo if I could talk to him, which of course he didn't hesitate. I hadn't checked out the balcony yet so we went out there. I grabbed my jacket of the chair and stepped out; the city of Montreal was spread out before us. Tall buildings and blue sky shined in my eyes. I breathed in the cold air and it was actually a warm day at 43 degrees it'd be colder by the weekend.

"It's damn cold out here," Solo said but I didn't mind it. "What's on your mind?" he asked. I sighed then explained the situation to him.

"I begged Roman to not do that to you, but he said he'd only agree if you'd go."

"So, you didn't want me to go?" he asked and it was like I'd hurt his feelings.

"It's not that I don't want you to go I just didn't want to make you suffer through another thing for me. I mean it's a bunch of girls getting their hair and nails done. I didn't want you to be bored or feel like you were wasting your time."